Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wide range VFO

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerBelly

I am designing a crystal controlled VFO to be used on my bench as test equipment. I repair 2-way radios in my business.
Does anyone know of an oscillator design with a really wide range. The range would hopefully be 20mhz to 500mhz, possibly wider.
Am I going to need several oscillators and mixers, or are there designs with very wide ranges?

The Ham Radio literature (QST,QEX) has many articles on frequency synthesizers, some using the chipsets on the Analog Devices page I linked you to...

Some use GPS-disciplined master oscillators (usually 10MHz) to achieve extreme frequency accuracy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. The ADF4351 looks like quite a chip.
Also thanks for the quick reply.
Usually when I need accuracy, I tune sync to WWV. For this project, I planned to use a 10.240 crystal and maybe a thermal controlled enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back