Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LONG RANGE FM TRANSMITTER CIRCUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, from reading various bits and pieces on the interwebs, the FCC in the USA is a bit toothless in the area of enforcement of technical standards.
Their political masters have cut the departments involved with such matters to the bone.
On the other hand that can be heavy handed regarding "programme content", a prime example being being when some organisation was fined a few mega-dollars when some singer (Janet Jackson?) had the misfortune to have her dress split open during a TV programme and give the whole nation a quick flash of her mammaries. Oh the horror!

In the UK, OFCOM tends to be a bit emasculated in the area of technical enforcement.

JimB

On the other hand that can be heavy handed regarding "programme content", a prime example being being when some organisation was fined a few mega-dollars when some singer (Janet Jackson?) had the misfortune to have her dress split open during a TV programme and give the whole nation a quick flash of her mammaries. Oh the horror!

Even in that case, CBS appealed the $500k fine and claimed the incident fell under a "fleeting image" clause In FCC regulations and the fine was overturned. George W Bush's (too-much-government/too-many-regulations) administration took it to the Supreme Court and the court said they didn't want to hear the case. CBS never paid a dime to the FCC - maybe a few million in legal fees but nothing to the FCC.

Thanks for the update gophert.

JimB

I thank you all for all the answers, I appreciate. my aim is not to build an FM Transmitter for commercial use, but is to know my ability in designing such circuit if by any chance am asked to do so by any organization. i have build short rang fm transmitters of 200m for educational purposes, now am trying to test other circuits and their ranges.

thanks i love you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back