Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LONG RANGE FM TRANSMITTER CIRCUIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
just keep in mind that a transmitter (did you mean 10km radius, or a square 100 m on each side?) powerful enough to cover a town is going to attract unwanted attention from regulatory agencies. operating such a transmitter without being properly licensed can cost a lot of money in fines and penalties.

You must have a license to operate a radio transmitter, the transmitter circuit must be certified not to cause interference by its harmonics then your government will provide you with your own frequency.

You must have a license to operate a radio transmitter, the transmitter circuit must be certified not to cause interference by its harmonics then your government will provide you with your own frequency.
I'm guessing he already has that and he just needs a diy 5kW transmitter. Questions about the power supply and antenna will come in future posts.

usually, if he's a legit broadcasting station, he would need not just a license, but a construction permit as well, and wouldn't be asking how to build one, as commercial broadcast equipment is something a station usually buys, not builds from scratch. one of the reasons for that is that it has to pass regulatory compliance testing, and the equipment manufacturers that supply broadcast equipment have already jumped through those hoops so the broadcaster only needs to verify the equipment is operating properly rather than navigate through the expensive and time consuming compliance testing jungle required for newly designed transmitters.

usually, if he's a legit broadcasting station, he would need not just a license, but a construction permit as well, and wouldn't be asking how to build one, as commercial broadcast equipment is something a station usually buys, not builds from scratch. one of the reasons for that is that it has to pass regulatory compliance testing, and the equipment manufacturers that supply broadcast equipment have already jumped through those hoops so the broadcaster only needs to verify the equipment is operating properly rather than navigate through the expensive and time consuming compliance testing jungle required for newly designed transmitters.

Sorry, I assumed my comments would been obvious enough to not need [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] notations.

I'm guessing he already has that and he just needs a diy 5kW transmitter. Questions about the power supply and antenna will come in future posts.

Seems a pretty poor 'guess' - I imagine you really are 99% confident that he DOESN'T have a licence, and is unlikely to be able to get one!.

Have any of you noticed the original poster is not a part of this conversation? Asking for a friend.

Have any of you noticed the original poster is not a part of this conversation? Asking for a friend.

Of course we noticed. If you were the OP and a Member with "supermoderator" title shut you down like Post #2, would you come back?

Who is this friend? Why is he afraid to ask for themselves? Why can't they figure out that Post #2 slammed the door on the OP? Tell your friend to get a spine.

Seems a pretty poor 'guess' - I imagine you really are 99% confident that he DOESN'T have a licence, and is unlikely to be able to get one!.

Seems like a pretty good guess to me and, no, I am not 99% confident, I'm 100% confident.
Review the whole situation and it might come to you too.

i wonder sometimes if people set up new accounts, just to troll with questions where a) the answer is obvious, or b) so vague nobody knows what they are asking...

Not sure if you are all incorrect.... You can freely buy a Lora module from many shops.. These are capable of 20K with decent aerials.

But has no relevance to this thread? - where the OP was obviously after an illegal high power pirate FM radio transmitter.

You're not going to get 10km coverage of a town in FM stereo using Lora :D

Incidentally, I've recently ordered a couple of ESP32 modules with Lora and OLED screens to play with!

Last edited:
Then the OP should have stated it was a Broadcast.. Doesn't mention DIY FM transmitter..

I guess, if one really tries, they could be confused the OPs request.
Please can anyone help me with FM Transmitter circuit that will cover a town of about 10000 meters?

But this terse response by a someone with a SuperModerator title insures the OP will not be back to clarify...

No, it's serious offence!.

There are too many noobs coming here from countries without any laws about radio communications.

There are too many noobs coming here from countries without any laws about radio communications.

Do you think there are actually no laws in those countries?, or just that they posters are simply deliberately planning to break those laws?.

Certainly in the UK there can be substantial penalties, with unlimited fines and even jail time, not to mention confiscation of all the equipment and everything associated with it (records, CD's, Computers etc.)

I vaguely knew a guy years back who got prosecuted three times to my knowledge, first two times he went to court and was rather bolsie - and got a big fine, then an even bigger fine. Third time he went in to court very apologetic, explained that he realised he'd done wrong, and that we was attending college as a radio/media student, and was trying to find work at a radio station. This time the judge let him off with a warning, and even ordered the authorities to return his record collection (but obviously not the equipment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back