• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WI-FI SPEED WINDOWS vs LINUX

MacIntoshCZ

Hello,
I am having trouble with wifi. When I am on windows my internet speed i about 3*3-5 MB/s. But when i switch to LINUX i can download on full speed 6,5 MB/s.
I though laptops just have bad antennas becouse i tried several laptops (Lenova Yoga, acer nitro 5 etc...) and when i tried internet speed on smartphone i had no issues. Then I realiese smartphone running on linux kernel. So i install Xubuntu on all laptops and it works on full speed.
* NOTE : CLEAN WINDOWS !!!
* NOTE : 5GHZ SUPPORT on all devices, running 5GHZ network

KeepItSimpleStupid

Most Helpful Member
Run an NDT speed test. There was a windows program called tweakUI. When I ran windows, I had to modify the receive buffer lengths.

picbits

You might have Windows downloading loads of updates in the background, this will slow down your overall speed. You may also have malware or viruses on your machine slowing down your connection - have you done a full scan with Malwarebytes (for the malware) and a good AV scanner ?

Check your performance monitor on your PC and see if there is anything hogging your wireless bandwidth.

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles