Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When in France...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaDa

Ok, So I came on holiday with some small electronic projects to make - one was a joule thief. I made an assumption about some wire I had in the garage and now realise that the wire I have to winding the toroid is way too big a gauge :(

So, I'm near a town called Montendre about 80 miles from Bordeaux - anyone know of an electronics shop where I can buy some 38 swg enamelled wire?

Cheers

Last edited:
Ok, So I came on holiday with some small electronic projects to make - one was a joule thief. I made an assumption about some wire I had in the garage and now realise that the wire I have to winding the toroid is way too big a gauge :(

So, I'm near a town called Montendre about 80 miles from Bordeaux - anyone know of an electronics shop where I can buy some 38 swg enamelled wire?

Cheers
Well..Montendre seems like a good village blessed with naturality..
2007.1245211560.the-bar-from-the-bottom-lake.jpg
Caravanning,camping and fishing etc..are popular ways of holiday celebration there..

I don't see any chance of getting 38SWG there.( You mean there is no any motor/mixie electrical repair shops ?)

It is not critical for a simple joule thief. The best way to get I can say is from the secondary of a .5A transformer(6,9 or 12V etc). Bad transformer might be there in your garage or old faulty taperecorders etc. You can even try in the inductor of a faulty CFL like that things.

I'm on holiday here - some days its just too darn hot though - I don't normally get a lot of time to tinker so I like to use my holiday 'siesta' time more productively :)

That said, there are only so many sunflower fields you can look at - especially the ones near here where the flowers don't turn to face the sun (they just face East)!

Hmm, maybe I should make some sort of BEAM robot that tracks the sun and turns properly...

Thats a great idea on reclaiming the wire out of some old junk - I'll see what I can find.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back