Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is going on in CANADA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacIntoshCZ

I just read an article stating that inappropriate books are being burned en masse in Canada. Is it true?

Where is your source?
First I have heard of it!
Its czech source. Just Google Canada burning books.
But it looks it was done in 2019 and now journalist wakes up...

Much Ado About Nothing.

This is what's important.
In addition to the controversy surrounding the program's destruction of books, CSC Providence told CTV News Toronto that one leader involved, Suzy Kies — the co-chair of the Indigenous peoples' commission of the Liberal Party of Canada — does not in fact have status with Indigenous Services Canada.

“CSC Providence has learned of the shocking revelations … about Suzy Kies. We are deeply troubled and concerned,” Lynn Cosette, a communications agent for the school board, told CTV News Toronto.
1631648488314.png

**broken link removed**

So it was done becouse some employe from the school was *red color face / native american*? And she just want them burned? I still dont get it.

So it was done becouse some employe from the school was *red color face / native american*? And she just want them burned? I still dont get it.

I don't know about that but a similar thing is trying to be brought into American schools, CRT. No longer will any thing be talked about concerning slavery, jim crow, moving the Native Americans from their home lands and etc. Because to a certain political party it makes white people look bad. Ignorance is rampant or maybe it's the new pandemic.

There is an old saying (that I can't remember well enough to quote), something about:
Pretending unpleasant events or atrocities never happened, just means they are more likely to be repeated.

History is history, it's not there to edit for someone or others convenience.

^ ^ ^ ^ Liked because I agree with comment. Not because I agree with revisionist history.
I don't agree with it either. History is history and it's up to those living now to admit to it and change how things are done to make life better. Better for every one not just some.

I am not sure I agree with the re-writing of history by renaming schools, streets and replacing statues.
Just like renaming something that to some, appears gender-specific, a recent one here was the removal of 'Man' in 'Museum of Man and nature'.
I remember a while back in the US, someone wanted to ban Huckleberry Finn as racist.

I am not sure I agree with the re-writing of history by renaming schools, streets and replacing statues.
Just like renaming something that to some, appears gender-specific, a recent one here was the removal of 'Man' in 'Museum of Man and nature'.
I remember a while back in the US, someone wanted to ban Huckleberry Finn as racist.

The "Museum of Us" sounds so much better.
1631719819835.png

btw rosenberg is czech the most famous adult actor =D...
pls dont attempt to google it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back