Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When AI goes wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
On the news is a story about a AI program designed to use twitter like a normal teenage girls, it had the ability to learn from the txt interactions and grow its database. Seems to have been running on twitter for a while and alot of people were unaware it was a computer program, however it has had to be shut down because it started to tweet racist and sexist remarks lol sounds just like a teenage girl to me :p.

I heard about this as well. It reminded me of Cleverbot.

GostMan is a AI program designed to talk in electronics forums.
He (it) brings this up to keep you from finding out.........
Now watch him deny the truth. If he denies we know he is a AI program.
If he agrees then he is a sneaky AI program.

On the news is a story about a AI program designed to use twitter like a normal teenage girls, it had the ability to learn from the txt interactions and grow its database. Seems to have been running on twitter for a while and alot of people were unaware it was a computer program, however it has had to be shut down because it started to tweet racist and sexist remarks lol sounds just like a teenage girl to me :p.
Is this the one?

Microsoft deletes 'teen girl' AI after it became a Hitler-loving sex robot within 24 hours

I think AI is a bit... overrated. :p

If the internet can turn a robot into a Hitler loving sex robot in 24 hours, then Maybe Donald Trump has it right. :banghead:

Yeah thats the one! NOTHING artificial about my intelligence thank you :p....................:sorry:

What did they expect would happen? they should have said nothing about it and see what happens, if it then became like that you have a good reason to shut twitter down

Maybe trump is AI without the I?

I think you may be onto something there.
That could explain the profane, misogynistic, xenophobic, egotistical, teenage mentality, statements (trust me on this). :rolleyes:

Are you suggesting Trump spends a lot of time on the Internet?
No.
Trump knows what kind of talk gets people fired up.
"profane, misogynistic, xenophobic, egotistical, teenage mentality, statements" "Beat those people up, hit them in the mouth." "Close the borders to Muslims." "put them in jail", say what ever to make people angry.

Got some face book friends. As soon as they got citizenship then it "close the borders, keep the dark people out".

I think you may be onto something there.
That could explain the profane, misogynistic, xenophobic, egotistical, teenage mentality, statements (trust me on this). :rolleyes:
Blimey so I am actually donald trump??? So wheres my money? my jet? and all that stuff? and why is there a old guy pretending to be me with a rug on his head running for president?

I doubt it. First, he actually had a very good, if not stellar academic record. Second, while not all of his projects have succeeded, he has had far higher percentage of successes than many people, including you.

He is a dreamer, but he also has the ability to materialize his dreams. You don't have to like his politics or his approach at winning this current election, but anyone with a grasp on reality would have to admit he has been financially successful.

The only artificial candidate is running on the Democrat ticket. She has never had a job in which she succeeded. She has been fired from every job she has had that was not obtained through political influence.

John

Stellar academic record................... I wet myself! Still if his was stellar then i guess you can claim yours was ok ;)

Anyway mods better lock the thread, it will degenerate into a fiasco. Amazing how a simple thread on AI attracts the political police like flies round ****

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyway mods better lock the thread, it will degenerate into a fiasco.

I was just thinking the same thing. As soon as politics get dragged into it there's no direction for it to go but down.

LG, are you sure you want it locked? I could just remove the political remarks.

We could just get back to AI.
The first experiance for me was 40 years ago. The program had a long list of "bad words". Use one and it said "watch it". Use too many bad words and you were out.
Now we are up a level. We are talking about bad ideas. "Kill all the Jews" is very different than "Kill all the ants". Complicated!

yeah keep off the politics some the kids can be immature. AI is interesting, I am not sure why they chose a female one? kind of asking for trouble, some the more brain dead wouldnt get it was AI and would hit on it. I wonder if it had been done as a professor what the outcome would of been, also announcing it as AI was always going to attract the kind of people who come round your house and try to teach your parrot to swear!
Google is working on a AI system for searches, it is going to be a whole new level, Edinburgh uni is doing alot of AI stuff, not so much course wise but the research labs have some really mind blowing stuff.
They have a chess robot you play once, dosnt matter how you change your game plan after that first game it can guess your next move and gets it right 99% of the time, pretty spooky

Stellar academic record................... I wet myself! Still if his was stellar then i guess you can claim yours was ok ;)

That comment is groundless and insulting. You are certainly in no position to comment on other's academic accomplishments, since you have none to show for yourself. A lot of us made it though school without ever being threatened with detention. And, I didn't need my mommy to protect me.

Have you ever successfully completed one of the grandiose projects that you have talked about on ETO so often? Which one? Can you show us the results?

Go get a fresh diaper.

John

As most here are tech heads to the core I will assume you have all seen the sci fi films with mega computers running the world. We cant be too far of that kind of capability, I love my tech but something uncomfortable about a computer making certain decisions, the films have it spot on, if you make a computer in charge and it reads everything and sees everything what conclusion would it make about the suitability of the human race to be on the planet?

John, Logan, knock it off. Keep to the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back