Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water deicer

Status
Not open for further replies.
A small electric heating pad will do the trick unless you are North of the Arctic Circle in winter.

Yeah, thanks Hero, I looked it up after that post. One of those things I was told once and sort of stuck.

what kind of birds do you have that apparently can withstand temps that freeze water? Sea Gulls, Snow Geese, Penguins?

We have Canada geese, sea gulls and ducks floating on ice on lakes and on rivers. There isn't salt water near me.

Many birds stay in the UK through the winter, an obvious example is the robin, this winter hasn't been very cold - but they seem to survive fairly well in sub-zero temperatures.

I have seen Canadian snow geese resting on ice flows in Lake Erie.... it's a beautiful sight. Alot prettier than seeing boxy-looking ice fishing huts!

HiTech said:
I have seen Canadian snow geese resting on ice flows in Lake Erie.... it's a beautiful sight. Alot prettier than seeing boxy-looking ice fishing huts!

(I need to have a bit of fun with this one)....How did you know they were Canadian? Did they present their passports as the new rules require?

background to the joke:
There is a "Canada Goose" and there is a "Snow Goose" but I don't believe there is a "Canadian Snow Goose" unless it is a Snow Goose that is a citizen of Canada.

However, I agree that they can indeed be beautiful creatures regardless of citizenship.

Yeah, yeah, just call me a smartass today.

In most groups of Canada geese (grey and black) there is a white one. Is it a freak or is it a Canadian Snow Goose?
I am not talking about a swan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back