Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable shift registers

Status
Not open for further replies.

siri1234

hi everybody ...i m new to this forum...so i dont know if it is the right place to post my query..i have a project to complete..i need to design a variable shift register ...that shifts say 'i' bits if the input is 'i'...can anybody suggest any material or books or websites where i can find this kind topics????.....
any hints?????

Last edited:
hi everybody ...i m new to this forum...so i dont know if it is the right place to post my query..i have a project to complete..i need to design a variable shift register ...that shifts say 'i' bits if the input is 'i'...can anybody suggest any material or books or websites where i can find this kind topics????.....
any hints?????

hi,:)
One option would be to have a parallel load down counter driving a shift register.

Preload the counter, start a down clock to the counter, the clock also clocks the shift register, stops when the counter reaches zero.

Is this what you mean.?

oh...ok...i m trying it it out...thanks a ton:)

hi,
Lets know it goes.

If you want to shift a preloaded 'pattern' into the shift register, use a parallel to serial shift reg.

How about a serial in, parallel out SR with a multiplexer to select the "i"th output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back