Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

User names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayaskanta

I've noticed that many members use names other than their original names (including me :D)

So if any one would like to tell what their pseudonyms (can I use this word???) really mean then post here...

Ayaskanta means "Magnet" in Kannada :)

I used "TCMTech" because its part of my business name. TCM Tech Service.
Plus my avatar is just a picture of my licence plate on my work truck.

TCM are in fact my real initials. And I am both a technicial advisor and a service and repair technician by trade. The actual "Tech" part is multi symbolic in a way! :)

Plus its hard to call me a fake or a false person when my screen name and avatar are not something that can easily be taken as a false or dishonest title or some misplaced self gratifying ego stroking! :)

Ah Hemm... Unlike some others that are continualy disproving their screen name titles! :D

Last edited:
Sceadwian is an old english word that means 'to shade'

when i went to italy a few years ago, my cousins told me that most of them arent in relationships, and they have this 'thing' in italy where you can do whatever, and you dont need names and its not long term. It was called 'una tresca'.

I liked the concept of it..and yoink...

There's a common phrase for that in the US as well, but it's not polite to say in mixed company =\
I translated una tresca on google it means "an affair" in english.

Im sure theres a common phrase, but over here in N.A, its not exactly looked well upon, over there, its similar to dating, except, its completely short term. How cultures differ.

I have a Honda Prelude that I'm famous for never washing. Well, I guess infamous in my car club for it. Dirty Prelude = DirtyLude.

I noticed I'm quoted in somebodies blog with the name DirtyLube, which is kinda gross.

Didn't we do this one just recently?:confused::confused:

Celebration to diana or May dance.

Didn't we do this one just recently?:confused::confused:

We did and for some reason I still find it interesting.

tresca said:
when i went to italy a few years ago, my cousins told me that most of them arent in relationships, and they have this 'thing' in italy where you can do whatever, and you dont need names and its not long term. It was called 'una tresca'.

I think it is also part of the Celebration to the goddess Diana. If I'm not mistaken or have some mythology mixed up. I believe it included throwing your closth's off and running naked thru the forest and having random sex with whomever?

In some strange way that would do two things. Either cast the seeds a little farther from the tree or maybe just the opposite ?

I guess for women which ever male you ran into ?:p

Basically it was an annual orgy.:D

kv:)

Around here we call that friday night at the bar. Or in my younger days prom night! :D

You can say what you want but we have some of the lowest crime and violence in the country! Plus we are some of the most friendly and socialble people in the country too! :D

Last edited:
Well, Pommie is the Australian term for an English man. Similar to the American term Limey.

Mike.

I use HiTech because I'm a simple man. My IQ is 130 but only on Feb.29th otherwise it's more like 25.... and I'm considered to be the intelligent one in my family line.

I use HiTech because I'm a simple man. My IQ is 130 but only on Feb.29th otherwise it's more like 25.... and I'm considered to be the intelligent one in my family line.

I would have guessed because you greatly enjoy the HiTech C Compiler that costs like
$5 billion dollars

I never liked IQ much as a sign of intelligence. Mine's way up there and I can be as dumb as a rock. IQ is nothing more than an indication of the level of complexity of a problem one is able to solve. Which if you just break things down into smaller problems doesn't really limit anyone.

High intelligence is practically useless without the common sense application of it ---- that's WISDOM

Perfectly said HiTech.

I did alright on my IQ test, I got a C :)
Actually I never took one, do they still use those things.

I think wisdom is more useful than intellegence.

I would tend to agree on the wisdom part because if someone is wise the will break a complex problem down in to smaller parts that are more manageable to deal with, like what someone said earlier.
An intelegent person can handle bigger consepts better but if they dont know how to break a problem down properly they may say its impossible and just quit.

I got an IQ test done on me back in 7th grade. What a mess that made! I tested very high. Gifted level. Some gift that was. :(

After that I was expected to have perfect grades, perfect actions, perfect everything! Because I was now officialy smart enough to know better and do better. :mad:
I think thats where my independence and general lack of consern for what others think about me came from! And I know its why I question authority! :p

If your in charge you better dam well do a good job because I am watching you! And If you mess up too much I am after your job! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back