Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hello + Redirect New User to Appropriate Sub-Forum for Product Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianBacon

Hi,

A little info about me. I'm a Computer Engineering student in my last year. I work part-time in IT(network admin). Also, completed my military service...fun times...

Anyways, being a new user, I would appreciate it if someone can redirect me to the appropriate sub-forums for my technical question(I had a sour experience in the EE Stack Exchange forums and I'm trying to avoid repeating that).

Context:
Well, I'm looking to build an open-source Automated Optical Inspection device(non-profit). I would like to ask technicians, EEs, CEs, and even hobbyists who have used AOIs to share their insights as users. What they didn't like? What would they expect from an open-source AOI? How important is the GUI...and so on. Hopefully, with some insight, I can make a proposal for my Uni and make this a project.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!

I would appreciate it if someone can redirect me to the appropriate sub-forums for my technical question(I had a sour experience in the EE Stack Exchange forums and I'm trying to avoid repeating that).
Try Electronic Projects Design/Ideas/Review.

We try not to get all upset and out of shape over individual selection of which forum to post in, I think the reality is that many topics could be allocated to several forums (don't do that!).

Things which do cause friction are:
Blatant school/college homework questions no posted in the Homework Help forum.
Posting the same question in two (or more) forums. This causes confusion.

Welcome to ETO.

JimB

Hey Jim!

Appreciate the insight.

Things which do cause friction are:
Blatant school/college homework questions no posted in the Homework Help forum.
Posting the same question in two (or more) forums. This causes confusion.

Duly noted! I'll be mostly asking design/technical questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back