Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Twin Display Basic Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emjack24

Hey all, so my friends and I play a card game with has In it life points.

We use dice atm to keep track but with 4-6 people on a large table it can be hard to see each others totals.

I was looking for help with a design. I'm somewhat practical, can solder.

In my mind I'm picturing a triangle prisim with a display on the outwards facing side so all can see the current life total

and on the inwards facing side a display so the player can see their own. An on/off switch and up and down buttons to increase or decrease the life totals. It would be very very rare it'd need to go over 100 so a 2 digit output would be fine.

I unfortunately have limited knowledge with electronic design. If anyone can help it'd be amazing. If it didn't use custom PCB or any PCB for that matter the better! As I don't have the gear, for that.

Cheers in advance.

Jack

The need to sum all the individual player tallies lends one to do it wirelessly.

Mesh network - https://randomnerdtutorials.com/esp-mesh-esp32-esp8266-painlessmesh/

Here is a possible module to handle the player side. But you would need to
do some programming.

That module can both handle the up/dwn off buttons as well as tally and display. In
addition send its total wirelessly to a central module for display total. I would think in
terms of one doing this type of display -

1646791831891.png

More programming. I would think in terms of using Tuniot to do the programming. Its block
programming. A example -

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
Are you able to program and are you comfortable programming serial?

If you are able to then I suggest a TM1637 module on each side, This is a four digit display so could show the current player number and the total number. It's programmed serially and would need a separate clock line for each module but they could all share the same data line. Googling "TM1637 arduino" will get you lots of example code I.E. This. I would suggest an Arduino Nano as they are the same as a Uno but a smaller footprint.

It would probably need to be mains powered as all those LEDs will soon flatten batteries. A 9V 1A wall wart type supply should provide plenty of power or you could use a USB charger.

The push buttons should be simple enough, two per side is 8 (or 12) which can easily be read using 6 (or 7) pins.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back