Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Basic LED display project help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave001

Hey new guys here, have an LED display project I need help with.

So I have a panel with rows of LEDs that correspond to each room, when a call is sent from a room the corresponding LED is illuminated.
I want to take the power going to the LED and instead have it light up a large 2 digit numeric display LED that will show which room number the call is coming from.

I only have basic soldering and electronics skills, so I want to keep it as simple as possible.
I would guess there is some kind of module/ chip that has a bunch of input channels (for each LED, 12 total) which when triggered with a input voltage would illuminate a programed number?...

Huge thanks in advance!!

You may need a clock source feeding a scanner and a display driver simultaneously. When a button is pushed, the counting will stop to display the chosen button number and the selected LED glows. Unsure how you'd install a buzzer to indicate a button push attempt.

There's 5 wires go room to room, two of them are power. How do you signal 12 (or 20) events through three wires without some kind of complex signalling?

Mike.
Each room has a small panel that has only mechanical switches, no circuit boards. (only has a few resistors or something that keeps the "call placed" led on until the call is cancelled).
Has a momentary switch for placing a call, and a momentary switch for cancelling the call.

Cancelling the call at the room turns off the LED for that room and audible beep at the control panel

If there are other rooms that placed calls at the same time, the LEDs for that room will stay lit at the control panel until each room call is cancelled inside the room, and audible beep will stay on until all rooms are cancelled.
View attachment 139000
Five wires can support this wall plate. The ground wire feeds the switches and LED ( through a resistor), the power wire feeds both switches and LED, and the three wires are commonly connected to all wallplate switches and LEDs. Pressing any button could trigger an RC timer to wait for the controller I.C. to make its rounds, stop the count and display the inputted room number.

Five wires can support this wall plate. The ground wire feeds the switches and LED ( through a resistor), the power wire feeds both switches and LED, and the three wires are commonly connected to all wallplate switches and LEDs. Pressing any button could trigger an RC timer to wait for the controller I.C. to make its rounds, stop the count and display the inputted room number.
You want to build this for me? Paid project. PM me.

A hospital or correctional facility may be helpful for component sources. Theirs are proprietary systems, so the panel layout will give you an idea of the complexity of this request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back