TV Yellow/Red/White Inputs Signal Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

substrate

Does anyone know what the frequency range and max amplitude of these connections are? I need to know this information for a project I'm doing.

substrate said:
Does anyone know what the frequency range and max amplitude of these connections are? I need to know this information for a project I'm doing.

Yellow is video, red and white are audio.

What is your project?, the specs on the sockets are pretty standard, video is 1V p-p at 75 ohms, audio is the usual sort of line level. You don't often get specs given on TV sockets - nor do you really need them.

How difficult is it to actually create a simple signal for video? Would it be too difficult to actually send a small menu from a uC?

It's not simple,but also not impossible.

Someone even created an entire video game (tetris and pong) with video & audio signals created from an µC

**broken link removed**

But if you want to make a device with OSD then it's preferrable to use a deticated OSD chip, like SGS's STV5730A, if you can still find one that is, cause it has been discontinued.

There's also a colour bar generator using a PIC, I can't remember the URL off hand, but I built one a few years back - using a 4MHz 16F84 overclocked at 10MHz.

As Exo said, the way to go is to use an OSD chip - the biggest problem is finding details on them. I used an NEC chip a number of years ago, and Dontronics was going to make a SIMMStick board available using it - but NEC had already discontinued the chip :cry: I tried to obtained samples of the new chip that replaced it, but never managed to get hold of one, so gave up. Then a couple of years later, Don released a SIMMStick board using an ST design by someone else.

I've still got a few of the old NEC chips that I removed from Hitachi VCR's and Amstrad Satellite Receivers - the NEC was the only chip I could find a datasheet for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…