Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TV Yellow/Red/White Inputs Signal Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

substrate

Does anyone know what the frequency range and max amplitude of these connections are? I need to know this information for a project I'm doing.

substrate said:
Does anyone know what the frequency range and max amplitude of these connections are? I need to know this information for a project I'm doing.

Yellow is video, red and white are audio.

What is your project?, the specs on the sockets are pretty standard, video is 1V p-p at 75 ohms, audio is the usual sort of line level. You don't often get specs given on TV sockets - nor do you really need them.

It's not simple,but also not impossible.

Someone even created an entire video game (tetris and pong) with video & audio signals created from an µC

**broken link removed**

But if you want to make a device with OSD then it's preferrable to use a deticated OSD chip, like SGS's STV5730A, if you can still find one that is, cause it has been discontinued.

There's also a colour bar generator using a PIC, I can't remember the URL off hand, but I built one a few years back - using a 4MHz 16F84 overclocked at 10MHz.

As Exo said, the way to go is to use an OSD chip - the biggest problem is finding details on them. I used an NEC chip a number of years ago, and Dontronics was going to make a SIMMStick board available using it - but NEC had already discontinued the chip :cry: I tried to obtained samples of the new chip that replaced it, but never managed to get hold of one, so gave up. Then a couple of years later, Don released a SIMMStick board using an ST design by someone else.

I've still got a few of the old NEC chips that I removed from Hitachi VCR's and Amstrad Satellite Receivers - the NEC was the only chip I could find a datasheet for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back