Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transistor as a switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
eric in port b if microcontroller, o/p current is 25 ma. lcd backlight is 50ma. how do i drive

Look at the transistor circuit I posted earlier.

470R > BC547 base > lcd backlight to collector> high side of lcd backlight to +5V. [ it may have to be +7V.!, but try +5V first]

For a quick first test of the transistor, dont connect the base resistor to the PIC, just connect it to the +3.3V. The backlight should go on/off as you touch the base resistor to +3.3V and 0V alternately.

Once that test works OK, then think about using the PIC pin to drive the 470R.

OK.?

Transistor for driving motor with MCU

I have a similar question where i need to understand how to drive a motor circuit rated at 250ma from my PIC MCU.

First of all I cannot make out how much is the output current from the PIC.

The datasheet mentions that
Maximum output current sunk by any I/O pin........... 25 mA.

If I am driving the PIC using 3.3 V and need to drive the motor which transistor should I use to switch the motor. Also what would be the typical values for the circuit.

BEst REgards,
Sumit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back