Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This much Dust ! Yeah its my PC. Im Shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pasan,

quite impressive, but nothing compared to the dust on the country side which cloggs up the air intake of the power supply within three months.

Use a soft brush and a vacuum cleaner at regular intervals.

I do not recommend using any purifiers or filters since the fans inside the PC have low total pressure and will stall (aerodynamically) if the resistance gets too high.

A stalled fan won't cause any air movement at all. The result will be worse than a bit of dust on the fan blades - and probably overheat components like the graphic acellerator card and HDDs.

Boncuk

Now I don't feel bad about my dirty pc anymore. ;)

You should consider relocating the PC away from high dust sources. Possibly check your heating/cooling system in your location for dust accumulations in air handling ductwork. There are companies that will vacuum the ductwork. Just think about it, you are breathing in that same dust over time.

You should consider relocating the PC away from high dust sources. Possibly check your heating/cooling system in your location for dust accumulations in air handling ductwork. There are companies that will vacuum the ductwork. Just think about it, you are breathing in that same dust over time.

PC can buy! how about my poor lung. Its also sucking dust like this. But still working :D:D

Just think about it, you are breathing in that same dust over time.

Yes agreed Sir.

Be careful if you use a vacuum. They create a lot of static electricity and if you get to close to electronics, ZAP. They make specially grounded vacuums just for cleaning out such things.

Better would be to blow it out as best you can, then clean up your work area.

writes note to self: bring a respirator mask when visiting SriLanka

quite impressive, but nothing compared to the dust on the country side which cloggs up the air intake of the power supply within three months.

I was going to say. My Sister owns/operates a stable and I get to maintain that PC every once in a while. It takes a good vacuuming.

I remember in a thread a long time ago on another forum, someone had a dead mouse in their case.

Now I have to send sweaters and jackets to thin-skinned SriLankis? Don't be so sensitive.

HiTech, realize you did not put any indication that it was a joke besides your sarcasm, if it was not noticed, somebody could get hurt, as what happened, i usually just add in a ":D".

In your defense he was being a bit sensitive too.

Last edited:
A clear indication of spider's activity inside.
Added to that, it appears that the work bench waste is directly inhaled by the PC to deposit the fine drilling dust etc on to your PC.
Thank the spiders webs that they act as some sort of rough filter. I know of at least two cases where the PC tries to boot and shuts down, just due to either dust or CPU fan.

writes note to self: bring a respirator mask when visiting SriLanka

not in every where. it's in colombo, not in kandy:D:D:D

Last edited:
sri lanka is actually a beautiful place..
From photos I've seen and Sri Lanki people I've talked to, I agree it seems to be a beautiful place, as is India and Bangladesh. Many pretty women of natural beauty in your nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back