Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dimm-pc 386-I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali-anm

I have a dimm-pc 386-i and the program is broken. I searched the internet and found out that the bias information can be updated with a program called JRC1. I corresponded with the Kontron company, but they said that they do not support this module. I want to interact with it and change the bias information. can you help me?

Attachments

• D201M129.PDF
    772.3 KB · Views: 223
I'm not sure what "bias" you are talking about. Perhaps you mean "bios", which stands for "Basic Input Output System". In order to do what you want to do you will need a way to connect to your module AND you will need updated code, or maybe even the original code.

Without both of those things you may be SOL.

I'm not sure what "bias" you are talking about. Perhaps you mean "bios", which stands for "Basic Input Output System". In order to do what you want to do you will need a way to connect to your module AND you will need updated code, or maybe even the original code.

Without both of those things you may be SOL.
Yes, I wrote it wrong(BIOS). I am exactly looking for a way to communicate with this module.

This file explains the function of JRC1 software, which can be used to program module memories through the serial port with command codes.

Attachments

• doc.pdf
    104 KB · Views: 208
Dear Regar

I have seen it but I need the JRC1 program which the manufacturer does not provide.
Possibly find a Kontron forum user group somewhere where you can post a request .....?

Or do a post at Kontron asking for URLs for user groups .....

Regards, Dana.

Possibly find a Kontron forum user group somewhere where you can post a request .....?

Or do a post at Kontron asking for URLs for user groups .....

Regards, Dana.
Dear Regards,
I contacted the kontron team but they told me that this software is no longer supported because it is old.

So I need to find another way to communicate with the module. Please guide me if you have any information or source about this.

Contact them again to see if they know of any user groups for their
products. that have online forums/user groups....

Look on ebay to see if anyone has the legacy software. Or post a fake auction
for Kontron on ebay with the question about the software you are trying to
find. More than one way to skin a cat.

There must be a group of retirees from Kontron that share a forum.....Look at old
annual reports for the name of the chief engineer, and try to find him online, in
linkedin.....Search linedin for Kontron names......

Regards, Dana.

Contact them again to see if they know of any user groups for their
products. that have online forums/user groups....

Look on ebay to see if anyone has the legacy software. Or post a fake auction
for Kontron on ebay with the question about the software you are trying to
find. More than one way to skin a cat.

There must be a group of retirees from Kontron that share a forum.....Look at old
annual reports for the name of the chief engineer, and try to find him online, in
linkedin.....Search linedin for Kontron names......

Regards, Dana.
Dear Dana,
Thank you a lot for your reply.
Kontron's response to my email was:

AW: DIMM-PC®/386-IE
Kontakt bilde
Fra KEU-CCO-Salesinfo på den 2022-09-06 11:19
Detaljer Hoder Ren tekst
Dear Karl,
Unfortunately we can´t provide you the software since your requested product is discontinued for too many years.
But you could find more information and the software at archive.org:
If you have any questions on other products of us, we would be happy to answer them
We are very sorry that we can´t help you any further here and wish you a great day.

Also, I searched several archive sites and did not find the desired software!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back