Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

This much Dust ! Yeah its my PC. Im Shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is pretty insulting. Im very sad about what u hv just said

I guess not. The same applies to Thailand. There is more dust than people to find in Thailand.

Cutting trees for centuries without replanting causes the soil to move with the wind. :mad:

Thai soil is brown to dark red, to be found even in kitchen furniture between cups - if not regularly cleaned.

Boncuk

From photos I've seen and Sri Lanki people I've talked to, I agree it seems to be a beautiful place, as is India and Bangladesh. Many pretty women of natural beauty in your nations.

I wouldn't even like hanging dead from a fence in Bangladesh. Not having the priviledge to live on a hill you're bound to drown in Bangladesh during the rainy season.

From photos I've seen and Sri Lanki people I've talked to, I agree it seems to be a beautiful place, as is India and Bangladesh. Many pretty women of natural beauty in your nations.
It's just Sri Lankan people.

Years back while on a tour program, I remember we school children 'touched' an American lady crazily hanging around lols..:)
It's just exceptional case as they're totally secure while visiting here. We respect'em!

I talked to a few British girls. They're very polite in behaviour..:)

Both American and British girls are a bit bigger than me ;)

It's just Sri Lankan people.;)
I wondered what the proper word was. I've seen it both ways... Sri Lankan and Sri Lankis but didn't know the proper term.

An all to common site to anybody who performs PC repair, we can tell how clean your house is, what pets you have and if you smoke at all. There was a really nice set of images posted over the The Register a few weeks ago of recent 'Dust Bunnies' and assorted blankets of fluff.

Handy tip: Vacuum ! Don't Blow, NEVER use an 'Air Duster' areosol, House dust ( the general name for the collection dead skin flakes, pet hair,pollen, bacteria, insects etc is actually quite dangerous and officially 'TOXIC'. Though it is immensely funny to see the the look on a somebodys face when then try it and all that acculmilated dust becomes airborne in one tenth of a second.

Other Useful Tip - fit a dust filter to the air intake, something as simple as a disposable tissue held in place with sticky tape will save you a lot of trouble later on.

If you must blow dust out of anything take it outside and use proper caution! I used to work as an office repair tech and as a welding supply center tech and blowing things out is great and effective if done properly.:)

Being outdoors is one requirement and proper eye and possible breathing protection is recommended as well.
Also be careful as to what you blow air into or on to you may actually force dust into something that is not ever supposed to have it there. Like the breather holes on hard rives or the optics on a CD/DVD drive. :(

And dont rev up the cooling fans with the air hose! 40K RPM'S sounds wicked but those little fan blades go through clothing and skin like tissue paper when they come loose! :eek:

I'm losing my appetite for dinner, now that you got me envisioning consumer electronics loaded with grimey dust, cat hairs, nicotine film, and worse yet, the smell of pet urine!! :eek::(

If you must blow dust out of anything take it outside and use proper caution! I used to work as an office repair tech and as a welding supply center tech and blowing things out is great and effective if done properly.:)

Being outdoors is one requirement and proper eye and possible breathing protection is recommended as well.
Also be careful as to what you blow air into or on to you may actually force dust into something that is not ever supposed to have it there. Like the breather holes on hard rives or the optics on a CD/DVD drive. :(

And dont rev up the cooling fans with the air hose! 40K RPM'S sounds wicked but those little fan blades go through clothing and skin like tissue paper when they come loose! :eek:

I disassemble all the parts, then gently brush and vacuum.

What are the other methods of cleaning highly static sensitive electronic parts. Because if I brush, it will generate static.

What are the other methods of cleaning highly static sensitive electronic parts. Because if I brush, it will generate static.
Perhaps you are highly sensitive. For the place you live in, close to sea and tropical country, and saline weather, Nothing would happen. Clean and restore your PC fast.

Something I'm surprised no one mentioned, do NOT spin fans up with either vacuum or air. The counter EMF from the motor will take the fans out in a heart beat. I'm wondering if any of this was attributed to static, since that is a much easier way to take a small fan out. If you blow air over them, hold the blades still.

Believe it or not I have taken my commercial pressure washer to many a grime encrusted and filth laden circuit board and had no ill effects! :eek:
(lower pressure setting of course.)

I blow off what I can with the air hose, soak them with degreaser cleaner, wash them then dry them with the air hose again. After that I set them in the oven at 180 F for an hour or so and dry them out! :D

Good quality commercial electronics are so much better built!:)

Something I'm surprised no one mentioned, do NOT spin fans up with either vacuum or air. The counter EMF from the motor will take the fans out in a heart beat. I'm wondering if any of this was attributed to static, since that is a much easier way to take a small fan out. If you blow air over them, hold the blades still.

A serious point you brought forward, QuietMan. Thanks. I now realize the issue, that did not strike to me earlier. Great of you and thanks again !!!

Fan Blades pops out! :D

This is one of my extremely crazy friend's CPU cooler fan. He said he directly aim the vacuum cleaner (JetForce 2200W vacuum) to processor area and try to brush off some dust.
He said processor fan spin back words and sounds like turbine ( Its actually pretty fun to him :D even after what happend ). Then accidentally his little wood brush fell on to the fan. BAM !@## ( you can imagine the rest :D)
One fan blade is crushed one is few meters away from the PC :D:D Luckily no harm to him.

click to enlarge
**broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed** **broken link removed**

It's not the counter EMF, but the blade tip's supersonic speed. Fans are produced for wind speeds (rpm) in the sonic range. :D

It's not the counter EMF, but the blade tip's supersonic speed. Fans are produced for wind speeds (rpm) in the sonic range. :D
the CPU fan is DC type fan with magnets inside the fan. any rotating coil inside a magnetic field produces emf. The fans have also speed governors in the form of solid state devices. QuietMan meant and indicated the damage meted by the solid state components. Here the voltage is coming from inside without any external voltage applied. This definitely a case for serious consideration.
The photo showed by Pasan is a case of mechanical damage probably due to some obstacle while blowing vacuum cleaner.

Last edited:
Only the 3-wire fans employ a speed governor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back