Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Telit cellular module pins need to be connected to a test point why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryammagdy

Hello, Why is it written in datasheet that some pins should be connected to a test point? I'm using the Telit UE910 cellular module, In the datasheet it is written that all pins are can be disconnected except some pins which are needed to be connected to a test point. Do I have to connect those pins even if I'm not using them? Can I just leave them unconnected?

Thanks

If the datasheet says explicitly that they should be connected, they should be connected. Check the typical application inside of the datasheet.

Another question please, when I connect to a test point just because the datasheet says it shouldn't be left unconnected do I have to connect it to an empty test pad or it just need to be soldered?

Why don't you post a copy of the datasheet here so that we can see what it says?

I had a look at the Telit website, it wanted me to login to see the datasheet. Why would I bother to do that?

The more info you provide, the better the advice you receive.

JimB

Tried uploading the datasheet but says its too large. Here is a picture of where the datasheet says some pins have to be connected to a test point

Attachments

• nikobnio.png
    nikobnio.png
    213.6 KB · Views: 262
Though it may not be useful for you to have these test points connected, what is stated in the sheet is to comply with manufacturing standard to have connectivity for factory test or troubleshooting. it will not affect the operation in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back