Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tank resonance locator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use an LM35

Inside as in a Hybrid array like Mitsubishi's IGBT 1 Gigawatt switches.

Diodes are linear, Thermistors are not unless properly designed in a CC array,

Consider a signal diode then. just like CPU's do.

LM35's are very linear.

Inside as in a Hybrid array like Mitsubishi's IGBT 1 Gigawatt switches.

Diodes are linear, Thermistors are not unless properly designed in a CC array,

Consider a signal diode then. just like CPU's do.
I know the graph is logarithmic. I just want to monitor if the temperature goes beyond a certain point. So, the moment it goes beyond a certain frequency I need an alarm.

Sorry I lost track of your design for these measurements.

I cant see the scope of the project and why you chose v to f then f to v to detect an alarm condition. Certain EMI issues of ingress must be corrected.

Last edited:
Sorry I lost track of your design for these measurements.

I cant see the scope of the project and why you chose v to f then f to v to detect an alarm condition. Certain EMI issues of ingress must be corrected.
I didn't follow what you meant by v to f and f to v.
I will be monitoring digital input 1 to know the switching rate and know which IGBT thermistor I am on right now(to know which PLC am I on right now). I'll be using digital input 2 to measure the frequency (as R changes) and measure temperature if it goes beyond a certain limit.

How can I filter the EMI?

I cant see your system design, but low impedance analog might be easier and faster to commutate than a thermistor controlled frequency (V to F or rather R to F)

I cant see your system design, but low impedance analog might be easier and faster to commutate than a thermistor controlled frequency (V to F or rather R to F)
The concern with analog (voltage) is that if any IGBTs blow. Previously, I was using a voltage bridge. How do I isolate and make sure they don't blow other IGBTs aor PLC.

PS2501-4 will give me isolation upto 5KV rms.

This is the attachement of schematic for board.

Attachments

• Thermistor board with RC.pdf
    45.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
I might recommend Mitsubishi J-Series T-PM IGBT, diode integrated on IGBT chip is used to detect chip temperature directly and enable to turn off IGBT safely and fast for over-temperature protection. But I dont know if that meets your requirements.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back