Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building a PCB etching Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swsean

Hey. I am new here.
For my FYP, I am building a PCB etching Tank. For the immersion heater, I wanted to have a feedback temperature. However, I couldn't find a suitable temperature sensor to be used, as the sensor required needs to be waterproof and also not metal as i might be submerged in water

Anyone knows what sensor should I use for my project?

I've had one of those tanks for 20 years, it doesnt look like that anymore.
Mine has a rena fish tank test tube type heater, its built in 'stat is quite capable.
You can get Ds18b20 temp sensors with a stainless tube covering them, make sure first though that the stuff in the tank isnt going to eat it.

That's why I'm still single - I always refused to allow any limitations on when or where I could work on things...

Many years ago I decided not to etch my own circuit boards any more. I never could get the quality good, I couldn't do plated-through holes, tin plating was another process, and I couldn't do solder resist, and it took ages, was messy and lots of chemicals needed to be stored.

Now that places like https://jlcpcb.com are staggeringly cheap, and more and more components are only available in fine pitch packages, I can't ever see me etching boards again.

That's why I'm still single - I always refused to allow any limitations on when or where I could work on things...

I'm no longer single because I figured out that a glass dish of Ferric Chloride sitting in a laundry tub with a few inches of hot water etches a pcb perfectly well - the benefits of a lifelong mate are fantastic.

...the benefits of a lifelong mate are fantastic.
It took me many years to find her, but I wouldn't want to be without mine. She gives me loads of support and plenty of space for tinkering, and I give her anything I can in return. She wants to talk and unload after her day, no problem, I have to do the same sometimes. She wants pastry/ice cream picking up from the store/gas station - no problem, it's likely I may want something too, but wasn't thinking of it, and it's not like it's a whole shopping trip, just in and out.
Yesterday morning was "sick of this TV buffering on WiFi", so I knocked up a LAN cable and got her back to her Netflix shows. 10 mins to find the ends and crimping tool, plus some cable, got me a tinkering pass for the rest of the day.
She's a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back