Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stripboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry

Hi all,
I have a program ''Stripboard Magic'' that helps me design circuits onto stripboard but it lets me down feature wise. Is there another program that would transfer a circuit schematic to stripboard layout?
Thanks in advance,
Barry.

Barry said:
Hi all,
I have a program ''Stripboard Magic'' that helps me design circuits onto stripboard but it lets me down feature wise. Is there another program that would transfer a circuit schematic to stripboard layout?

Stripboard Magic is the only one I've seen, and it produces really poor layouts - I now use LochMaster 3.0 from Abacom to manually design my layouts. The publishers of StripBoard Magic, Ambyr, seemed to disappear a long time ago, and a later version never happened.

Hello Nigel,
Thank you for your reply. I did find poor layouts with stripboard magic and also mistakes compared to the schematic.
Do appreciate your input.
Barry.

Barry said:
Hello Nigel,
Thank you for your reply. I did find poor layouts with stripboard magic and also mistakes compared to the schematic.
Do appreciate your input.
Barry.

I bought it when it was first released, I was very disappointed :(

Particularly as I spent good money on it :lol:

Hi Nigel,
Pity about StripboardMagic as it was a very good concept. I will take a look at the LochMaster product.
Thanks again.
Barry.

Hi,
I found a template for stripboard on this very forum! Thank you WUEY for posting it. I have now printed several copies and I find it works extremely well for designing on stripboard.
The link on this forum is :

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/rs485.5422/

I hope this information can be of some use to someone out there!
Barry.

Last edited by a moderator:
ignorant question for you folks:

I haven't ever heard the term "Stripboard". Is this another term for perfboard / veroboard, or a board with a bunch of pre-drilled holes in it?

Thanks for the clarification. Have a great one!

Stripboard is the generic name for Veroboard which is made by Vero.

The best way to use stripboard magic (I found), was to let it do the donkey work and give you a general layout, then go through it and check for accuracy and refine the layout. Although it doesn't remove all of the work as it was intended to do, it can still be useful for the basic layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back