Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
might be gone a few days, the storm from ireland has just slammed into us. doubt the electric will last long, roof is designed for very high winds as we on a exposed hill. slates and part of it already gone.

doors ripped off one the out buildings, and trees (v large) near house coming down.
back when i can

Stay safe. All the best to you!

Good luck LG. You and your family stay safe!

Stay safe.

Hang in there, LG!!

Is it what's left of "Ophelia"?

<EDIT> Spelling...

Last edited:
I think he'll be okay... The winds have dropped quite a bit... And the cost of Scotland isn't getting the battering they were promised... Still!! Some damages are still going to happen... Stay safe Logan and don't try any heroics...

Yeah its passed now.
Was a strange one. We had an amber warning (no big deal), but for some reason our little spot got hit hard. No idea if its the direction it came in or what. The news was saying 75-80mph and out anemometer topped out at gusts of 108.

Normally we are really sheltered because of ireland and the Isle of mann where we are, but tonight it came straight up the valley. Lost one out building to tree, two greenhouses and my poly tunnel. Again nothing that should have happened, except this came in the wrong direction. First time we had a storm like that. Tomorrow is being spent putting slates back on the roof.

We are right on the coast, and i guess we got side swiped, i know the town 10 miles down the road is fine. Really odd, We watched them downgrade it while it was getting really bad with trees falling!! So maybe we just got unlucky, First time ever to have it come up the valley like that. The poly tunnel is placed to take the wind side on or head on, the front top window gave in and that was it. No more poly tunnel.

No idea how many trees came down in the wood, but got the tractor for another week so chainsaw out this week :D.

Thanks for the wishes. We have dropped to gusts of 45-50 which is nothing, and bizarrely its coming from the right direction now lol. Electric has gone, but got the generator for essential stuff

the arrows are now across the bay, winds a bit higher but the bay shelters us. Still showing red for us but its alot calmer
screenshot-www.telegraph.co.uk-2017-10-17-02-21-40.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back