Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I don't like this stormy weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
My part of Canada is having the mildest winter ever recorded. No snow has stayed on the ground for longer than a couple of minutes. Hardly any frost in the mornings. I got a nice big refund from my natural gas distributor since I am using a lot less heating fuel.

We would dearly love some stormy weather here.

In Melbourne, we're on stage 3 water restrictions. The dams in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane are down to around 30 ~ 40% capacity.

audioguru said:
My part of Canada is having the mildest winter ever recorded. No snow has stayed on the ground for longer than a couple of minutes. Hardly any frost in the mornings. I got a nice big refund from my natural gas distributor since I am using a lot less heating fuel.

Yeah, Minnesota is getting off pretty easy so far this winter too. Its been quite warm, and has snowed twice:eek:

This thread sure makes me ache for a nice summer thunderstorm though....:(

I would kill for a nice thunderstorm right now! :D

Rochester, Ny. The first snow that stayed on the ground more than two days is melting in brisk winds as we speak... Global climate change is a ***** =) It's just gonna get worse from here too, with indeterminate periods of 'perceived normalicy' =) That's basically what life is after all... Indeterminate periods of perceived periods of perfection. Okay, enough zen wisdom =>

You wanna argue tomatoe with a tomato? Lets go! =) Oh wait. That's just Gore, and he picked a tuber! *******!

Here in Aus, we can access the local radar. Very useful.

This is what we see,
**broken link removed**

We can also get **broken link removed**.

Is this information now available in the UK as I would like to have a look now and again.

FYI, I live just above the n in Brisbane. We are on Level 4 water restrictions. Can only water gardens with a bucket.

Mike.

Local radar is about as useful for global weather as knowing what your own left toe is doing. Granted, you know when your toe is wiggling, but you don't know when it's wiggling because there's a mile high wave tickling it =) This might be useful, if you were a mile high, if you're only 5 feet high like most humans it's even less useful.

I didn't say it was globally useful. It certainly makes arranging anything easier. Better put the washing out now because the rain will be here in 2 hours. (I wont mention them things beginning with B and ending in Q :D )

Mike.

So it's warm all around the world is it?

There are exceptions though. My parents live in Dubai and they said it snowed in the mountains (in the desert!!), and temperatures are 5C below average for this time of the year.

And it feels like spring here in the UK. I went out in just a t-shirt this afternoon and the weather almost had me believing its April!

Here is Florida, I have the local radar in my book marks. Rain checks and how close the storms are to start unplugging. If you hate rain and bad weather, avoid this place :)

Marks256 said:
here is the site i use for radar:

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/

It is animated by default...

[Edit:]

Failed to mention that it is for the U.S. Only...

That one is nice, but normally when we have a large hurricane coming, that site is down or lagged bad.. I like crownweather.com, for hurricane tracking (timing when it will hit here)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back