Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I don't like this stormy weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is nice. I don't have to worry about hurricanes, but tornados are a threat... The threat has gone down over the years, though... Stupid climate shift.... :(

Yea, the climate shift, wonder whos weather we get next. I do not like snow or tornados. Hurricane you have a couple days to get ready. Mind you the big one has not hit yet.

We get the tornado warnings all the time.. Been lucky so far.

So far we haven't had any snow at all where I live, just floods, some roads have closed and stupid people have attempted to drive through the floods despite there being a depth of water gauge on the side of the road (as the are is prone to flooding).

I don't know about Canada but we normally get the worst weather in February, it normally snows properly once a year it stays on the ground for a couple of days, the roads grind to a halt, then it all melts.

It is funny. We get a little rain here after a month or so of none and you would think it was snow. People here are beyond dumb when it rains. And the cell phone people are killing me..

NJ Roadmap said:
I hate the rain. In England that is. Anywhere else in the world and I wouldn't hate it as much.
Please send some here.

There was an item in the newspaper today saying that sporting grounds are so dry and hard that it will be dangerous for sports such as football as the players are likely to suffer injuries just by falling on it.

NJ: Used to the rain here, trade you hurricanes for all the rain you have. I can use that water for a garden or something. You can use the wind for something. 130-150MPH winds, but only for a couple hours with days worth of a gap :). But you can spin something really fast for a bit.

Yeah... What else? :D

my cat is dumb... dont get me started... :rolleyes:

Stupid cat... :D

I have a cat, its name is Du'moss. He is not the brightest until it comes to which car in the yard should he sit on the roof of. Somehow, it will be the most expensive or the one that is visiting.

NJ Roadmap said:
I hate cats as much as I hate the rain. Dogs rule all domestic pets. Especially Labradors. =]

I have two dog that make sure it is an outside cat ;)

My wife fed it and now it lives in my yard. And Labs, you must have a large house!

I love seeing people buy them as puppies, then see them 5 months later and it has a paw on each of their shoulders. :D

I've always preferred cats, dogs smell more and you have to take them for walks.

my cat's name is Freak. For fairly obveous reasons...

He gets paranoid about everything, and then in the middle of the night it starts making weird noises, and then peels around the house like a bat out of hell. :rolleyes:

Besides me hating him so much, he is a pretty good cat... :D

Hey Pommie, a town in Australia named TEXAS? LOL.... that's ok as long as you got Aussies livin' the cowboy way! And that town named Kingaroy has the makings for a good children's movie: The Kangaroo from Kingaroy.

audioguru said:
My part of Canada is having the mildest winter ever recorded. No snow has stayed on the ground for longer than a couple of minutes. Hardly any frost in the mornings. I got a nice big refund from my natural gas distributor since I am using a lot less heating fuel.
Perhaps you should take that back, I've heard on the news the weather's now turned more wintery now in Canada!

The forcast says the same's going to happen here next week. Oh well, I hope the road outside work closes or the heating breaks down so I can't go in next week.:)

Here in Canada the weather people warned about a big blizzard. We got 2mm of freezing rain mixed with the same small amount of snow.
Today was sunny and slightly below freezing. A very nice day.
I got another record low amount to pay on a heating fuel bill.

I think it is nearly 5000km from one side of Canada to the other so there is a lot of stuff in between that I hardly ever hear about.

It snowed here sunday night... about 4-6 inches... :( I hate snow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back