Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stacking LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the full system.

I did not include the 100 nF bypass capacitors as in the previous.

You need one across Vcc/Gnd of U2, 3 & 4.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any problems.

I looked at the data sheet for the 74HC595 and the max Vcc current is 70 mA.

So the LED current should be < 8 mA since 8 x 8 = 64 mA which is close to the max.

Attachments

• Full system.png
    Full system.png
    113.1 KB · Views: 213
Thanks a lot. i don't have the materials to prototype this yet, Ill let you know in a few months, once I have everything else out of the way...

Light chaser.

If you can't get enough of it, here's another one. :D

on1aag.

Attachments

• Light chaser.GIF
    Light chaser.GIF
    12.8 KB · Views: 608
on1aag said:
If you can't get enough of it, here's another one. :D

on1aag.
That's a good solution.

However, at power on, some LEDs are likely to be lit since the SRCLR does not clear the store. That is why I added R4 & D2.

Hi all,

I just built this circuit (ljcox) for some christmas light flashers and it works perfect.
Ive got the triac outputs opto isolated and the circuit runs from a reactive supply easily.

Gaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back