Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SSB Carrier Supression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well let him him know he is still welcome on this site, and no hard feelings :)

Seems people with a lot of pride are easily bruised, tell him to not take it so serious, it is just a forum afterall.

If you go back to Aaron's forum you'll see I am working on a physics simulator.

How about a link? Will review it :)
I am no scientist, I am hoping to get an audition in the new 3 stooges movie... "I'm not stupid, I'm a moron, yuck yuck".

I will have to readjust my monitor to read that post. The big image makes the text go off my screen. Will check it out tomorrow when I have more time. Morning class, so I need to crash soon.

I'm pretty sure you have to code a physics engine capable of a little more than animating a single piece of floppy string to qualify for genius status Wasssup =)

LOL! I am not focusing on showing off my simulator. I'm focusing on making the simulator. The simulator is capable of a lot more than just simulating an unerected ummm string. Gee what was I thinking?

No way man! Don't you think there is any advantage of me making it from scratch? I have learn't a lot. I have already stated on the forum that I will not use anyone elses physics engine or code for that matter. I don't want to be bound by someone elses physics engine limitations.

The Open Dynamics Engine is only for "Rigid Bodies".

Last edited:
That's the great thing about programming wasssup. Code can be changed =) You could spend your time writing extensions for an existing library rather then from scratch.

Nope. This simulator is special. It has a purpose that I am not willing to mention. I've already said too much.

Last edited:
But that is the key to make an origional design, and to distinguish your design from the rest of the pack. If we all stuck to the same well known and tested design it would be like re-inventing the wheel over and over again.

Using loads more components than required, to give a vastly inferior performance, isn't 'distinguishing' - at least not in any way you would like :D

If he want's to recycle cat food cans to test a new radio design, so be it.

Nothing wrong with food cans, that's the ONLY thing he's done that makes any sense.

I know what he is 'trying' to achieve. He wants to Tx/Rx an SSB signal the furthest distance possible with the least amount of electrical energy. Keep trying buddy! The goal you are trying to achieve is something important. We all know about this global warming buisness (even though you think it is all bullsh!t), therefore energy efficiency in computers, radios etc. should be high on the list of things to do when making a new design.

But his 'design' isn't efficient, it's using hundreds more components than required, and yet gives poor performance, and much lower efficiency.

There are thousands of hams all over the world transmitting with low powers, either homemade, or commercial - and it's unlikely any are as poor as his.

I'm still unsure if he's serious or just a troll? - so far I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but his ideas are so bad (and so wrong) I can't help thinking it's a deliberate wind up?.

Nope. This simulator is special. It has a purpose that I am not willing to mention. I've already said too much.

Oh... you're one of those kind of people!

"Oh... you're one of those kind of people! "
Haha nice one. :( Sorry, I've got more important things to do than explain what its pupose is.

Like I said I will not use anyone else Physics Engine. This is a learning experience for me. I did think of using someone elses Physics engine but as you know I haven't and have never thought of it since the day I started coding for it. I've been coding away for about 3 months now. I started C++ last year. Look at me now! I've got the nack of DirectX, OpenGL and I've made my own Physics simulator! BEAT THAT PAL! LOL!

Using loads more components than required, to give a vastly inferior performance, isn't 'distinguishing' - at least not in any way you would like :D

Nothing wrong with food cans, that's the ONLY thing he's done that makes any sense.

But his 'design' isn't efficient, it's using hundreds more components than required, and yet gives poor performance, and much lower efficiency.

There are thousands of hams all over the world transmitting with low powers, either homemade, or commercial - and it's unlikely any are as poor as his.

I'm still unsure if he's serious or just a troll? - so far I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but his ideas are so bad (and so wrong) I can't help thinking it's a deliberate wind up?.

Oh you are such a smarty. :)
Hehe

You have more important things that explain it's purpose, yet you'll make 2 posts about it and be all mysterious so we think you're doing something important or incredibly difficult? I find that if you can't completely sum up your projects scope in a couple sentences you have no clue what you're doing =) I'm not trying to beat anything, I'm not going to get into an ego fight with someone that obviously has insecurity issues. Only reason I'm posting is this thread ceased to be useful a long time ago so I figured I'd join in on all the rants =)

It was a ploy Sceadwian. I was finding out what kind of a person you are. I only had to make a few posts, hehe. I was toying with you all along. LOL! Sorry we are just not compatible. Now I know what poor Space Varmint has to deal with.

Sorry to set you up Sceadwian.

I'll go back to my little corner on Aaron's website now.

Hey take it easy guys!

Hi, this is my first post, i just found this site and it looks very interesting.In reguards to SSB you might want to google Bob Heil K9EID he has done lots of work with SSB lately among other things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back