Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AM to SSB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.power

Hello guys,

As I a know there are just 3 methods producing SSB out of DSB modulations. The filtering method, The phasing method, and the Weaver method.
today somebody told me about another method which I did not understood. He talked about increasing the DSB frequency then filtering it then low converting it (decreasing its frequency) so that producing ssb. Do you have any info about this method? what is it called?

Thanks a bunch

I think that would qualify as the first method (filtering). The second and third methods you speak of, while different I sort of consider very similar using I/Q modulators. Slightly different ways of doing the same thing.

I'm not quite sure what the other method you speak of is, but it doesn't sound much different to the first. Mixing up or down to suit the filtering used.

There are two other methods of generation. Both can be done by software defined radios.
DDS - Direct Digital Synthesis. The SSB signal is directly generated from a DAC.
DSP - Digital Signal Processing. An AM signal is generated by whatever means. It either remains as a digital signal or it is converted to a digital signal for the DSP filter and then sent back to a DAC.

These can also be combined in various ways to IQ modulation systems to produce complex signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back