Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Space grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrG

When I first started to play around with electronics and computers (Thanks Don Lancaster and Steve Ciarcia and a bunch of others), I learned about military grade TTL chips. OK, that was easy enough to understand, I guess. Well, many years later (and I'm still playing around), I see this in my email from Microchip..."Scalable Design Solutions from COTS to Space Grade " and ..." before scaling to the radiation-tolerant SAMV71Q21RT or radiation-hardened SAMRH71 "...."These microcontrollers deliver low-power operation with fault management, data integrity and radiation performance for Low Earth Orbit (LEO) and deep Space applications. "

...and the link to the device here.

So, "space grade" is really a thing? Can I get a "Space Grade" Arduino (an UNO-S) on eBay?

I wouldn't trust a space grade anything off Ebay lol. And neither should you. I don't want your Arduino-powered satellite falling on my house or <your arduino controlled> nuclear power plant melting down.

Space grade is a thing with Xilinx as well.

Last edited:
Don't worry about DrG's rocket falling on DknGuyen's nuclear powet plant. That's about as likely as me posting something helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back