Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Some large R/C flying model!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOne

Here is a video of some very expensive toys a friend of mine in the UK plays with. Very impressive to see! Lots of electronic controls in this one.

**broken link removed**

Do not download unless you have a broadband connection as the file is large.

Attachments

• b52.jpg
    b52.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,191
Ello shiz naz, that is huge. Radio control bomber I wonder how much cargo it can hold???hehe

:shock:

video didnt work, I dunno if it's the filter at work or not, but I wanna see it :D

Must be the filter. You must see it in action to appreciate this masterpiece!

Video is 9min

samcheetah said:
wow! great!

im a great fan of R/C stuff (especially helis). i must say that this is the biggest R/C plane i have ever seen. well, ive seen the NASA R/C planes on TV but this is different.

i really appreciate the work done by your friend

He into big heli's as well, makes money with them doing arial photography.

Here's some more pictures. Looks like someone is having a bad hair day! :)

Attachments

• friends.jpg
    friends.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,122
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,120
:shock: That is awsome...
dug around a bit and found these for you non-broadban users
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
3.4mb and 2.1mb

Wow!
When it started moving, I thought it would just roll into the grass being so big and heavy, then it took-off pretty well. Good landing too.
It doesn't need to carry a bomb, it IS a bomb. If it ever hit someone........
Even if it hit a car or a building it could do a lot of damage.

The engines look like miniature real jet turbines, very expensive for 8.
I saw a model jet fighter with only one jet turbine and it was also impressive. You could hardly see it coming then suddenly with a roar and whine like a real jet, it was past and gone. It had nearly as much thrust as its weight so after a long flat run, it climbed straight up and out of sight before slowing down. I don't know how its pilot on the ground could control it when he couldn't see it (it didn't have a video link).

yes, those look like miniature jet turbines

ive also seen a PHT3 single-shaft model gas turbine being used in an RC helicopter (GRUAPNER JetCat **broken link removed**). i downloaded a video of it which showed its take off and landing and a bit hovering. but jet engines are really noisy and i dont think that helis with jet turbines would be manueverable. i mean as compared to the helis used by guys like curtis young blood. and ofcourse the fuselage has to be big too for the jet engine.

anyway i would say it again, great work there by your freind!!!!!

As I just found this forum and was browsing through I thought I would comment on the B52 and some other things.
The B52 crashed last fall and apparantly it was an over control rotation problem. When I find the site I will put it here. Helicopters are now also being flown with turbines as per the larger ones. The most common is the Wren mw54 with the shaft setup the same as for a turboprop.
My main interest is RC models and I tinker in metal working and electronics. I was actually looking for how to make a shunt for a meter for an EDM I have almost completed. This is also for a project of building twin KJ66 turbines for a 1/5th scale CF100.
John

Attachments

• cf100_side_.jpg
    cf100_side_.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 899
I am aware that the plane crashed, even have some video of it. Couldn't get it over my heart to show it. :cry:

:cry: It's probably best that you dont show it, there are some of the younger crowd that visit this board.

was there a fire involved?

Here's a video of a guy flying his pretty big electric-motor powered plane in his basement!
**broken link removed**

that is terrible...why was he flying it in those windy conditions?
:cry:

Thanks for the 2nd movie audioguru, help get my mind off the horrific tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back