Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

solar cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
well as you probably know, the cells have a very low efficency in transforming light to electricity, around 10-15%.
so you need a very big cell to get a lot of power to power something for apliances

I understand. I just want to see if anybody out there were doing anything and maybe problems and solutions to it

the problem is that the cells have high internal resistance, so the more current you get from it, the lower yhe voltage you get.
so if you need 110 or 220 voltes, you will have to do a quite complicated citrcuit.

Inverter

Have you considered using an inverter?
You would need batteries inbetween the cells and the inverter because the power from the cells will fluctuate with sun light levels. What kind of appliance were you trying to power ?...

try https://www.otherpower.com/ for some good info on solar panels and other RE stuff.

Good Luck!

Chris

I think most solar installations basically run on batteries + inverter, and use the solar cells to charge the batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back