Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

YX805 Solar Charge Controller LED Type

Ken1

Hi, I would like to know what type of LED's are compatible with the YX805 solar controller chip. I have several garden solar lights with this chip and the LED's have appeared to have failed in them and if replacement LED's are dirt cheap, I would like to try to fix these as they are relatively new and have not had much use.

It’s probably not critical. You should match the current and voltage. The voltage doesn’t have to be exactly the same. You can use an LED at a lower current than its rating, which will improve life.

Most driver ICs have a resistor to adjust the current and it’s a common hack to reduce the current to improve life.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back