Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So How Fast is Your Internet Speed? Test here & Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using a 2.6GHz proprietry wireless solution.
Here are my results:
892 kbps down.
207 kbps up.

Seems to have slowed, was 989 kbps in March, maybe to many new users in the area.
Damn. That sucks. Another year or so, and I'll lick dial-up speed.

Whaaaaaaa

Did the same test again today.
135kbps down
73kbps up

Whaaaaaaa

Whaaaaaaa

Did the same test again today.
135kbps down
73kbps up

Whaaaaaaa

hi arrie,
Speak to your provider as I did.

It started to slow down using Sky so I reported it, they found the speed had been set too high for my location IIRC 5Meg, so I was picking up so many errors the whole link slowed down.

They reset my link to 3meg and it works like a charm.

It could be you system error rate is high rather than the transfer rate being low.:)

I just did e-mail them.

Those buggers, I'm paying for something I'm not getting.
Will see what they reply, then post it. hahahahahahaha (wicked laugh)

Internet speed

Today's results after switching to new equipment: CAT CDMA C-motech

Ping: 330ms
down: 827KBPS
up: 365KBPS

:)

Hans

combine the up and down load nr and it stays the same still shocking

down load a stunning 96 Kb a second
up load a shocking 2 Kb a second

ping rate 1559

He's just a common braggart, don't envy him.:)

It's what I get for paying near $50k to go to school every year!! :D

Our entire campus is fiber-optic. The local transfer stuff blows away internet speed. I can download near the max bandwidth of gigabit ethernet locally.

Our entire campus is fiber-optic. The local transfer stuff blows away internet speed. I can download near the max bandwidth of gigabit ethernet locally.

My lands! Shake my tail and call be uncle! You ARE a braggard!:D

That is quite cool.
Over here in RSA you will not get such speed from any educational org.
Actually, I wonder if you'll have that speed anywhere.

My lands! Shake my tail and call be uncle! You ARE a braggard!:D

Hehehe.

The not cool part: I have to take on most of that in student loans. Which I'll be repaying for I don't know how many years after I graduate. Hopefully under 5 if everything works out.

At home for the summer I use 5Mbit cable with 512kb up. For regular Internet browsing it's the same; however stuff like the Steam content delivery system (games) it becomes a burden. Something that could take hours to download is done in minutes at school. Result: I have about 1.5TB of storage space that I fill with stuff I might need over the summer so I don't have to put my family through degraded internet.

A friend of mine, a number of years back now (pre-ADSL) used to work in a large telecoms computer centre - around that time he also used to be heavily involved in LINUX (with parts of his code in a number of distributions). So he had a requirement for downloads CDROM's full of LINUX code from the the USA.

His answer was to do it at work, and write it to CDROM's - and he used to allocate himself sole use of a 10Mbit transatlantic link while he did it! :D

Mine is
35872 download
32690 upload
Its from a college so im guessing its fiber optic.
sorry but i beat you bob.

Last edited:
A friend of mine, a number of years back now (pre-ADSL) used to work in a large telecoms computer centre - around that time he also used to be heavily involved in LINUX (with parts of his code in a number of distributions). So he had a requirement for downloads CDROM's full of LINUX code from the the USA.

His answer was to do it at work, and write it to CDROM's - and he used to allocate himself sole use of a 10Mbit transatlantic link while he did it! :D

That's pretty amazing. Did anyone ever catch him?

I test my internet speed test here IP-Details.com : Find your IP address Information
Upload speed is : 0.96 kbps
Download speed is : 1.70 kbps
14 years ago a 56k dial-up modem had a download rate of about 33kbps. Yours is 19 times slower. Maybe you made a mistake and your download rate is 1.7Mbps, not kbps.

I have inexpensive (slow) cable broadband over my cable TV cable. My download rate is 2950kbps and my upload rate is 253kbps.
My cable TV/internet provider gave me higher-speed (5 times faster) for 6 months for free hoping I would buy it but I didn't notice much difference. I also didn't notice when they slowed it down to this inexpensive speed at the end of the 6 months trial period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back