Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible using CPU as GPU by paralleling 2 CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzen

Is it possible using CPU as GPU by paralleling 2 CPU? So 1 CPU only doing graphics and the other act as normal CPU.
I know it's useless because cheap VGA is faster than using CPU as GPU. I just wondering and if it's possible I want to try it because I have old Xeon L5640 and I want to use it as GPU.
And if it's possible, where I can find some guide to make it?(Windows based)

Not even worth the thought process... To make a "windows" GPU card you have to adhere to many things... If you have an inexhaustible amount of time and patience, I would think you may get somewhere near and old VGA / SVGA, but the interface is huge.. I have a couple of old 256k Trident VGA cards... But.. I brand new low end graphics card can be bought for 13 bucks and that's an NVidia with 512MB of video ram..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back