Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So How Fast is Your Internet Speed? Test here & Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Down
6.16 Mb/s
Upload
0.65 Mb/s

It's only about 40 miles away.

Last edited:
2060 kb/s download, 2,210 kb/s upload, but I am not at home at the moment. I'll have to check there, too.
Der Strom

Last edited:
2060 kb/s download, 2,210 kb/s upload, but I am not at home at the moment. I'll have to check there, too.
Der Strom

Now that I am at my house, it is 3,390 kb/s download, 760 kb/s upload.

:) Happy! Happy! :)

Attachments

• Speed Test Results.JPG
    Speed Test Results.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Last edited:
On IPStar satellite here and just did the speed test, nice sunny day and we are on a 2mbit upload 1 mbit download.

speedtest.png

Cheers Bryan

Mine is messed up now. I should be getting 3 MB/768 K less about 10% overhead and I have in the past.
Last issue was the protector in the NID. I'm also running without a 1/2 ringer in the NID. The NID also has an Autojack. The loop of silver satin cable, which is bad doesn't exist. The 1/2 ringer is a bad thing.

I'm getting around 0.6 Mb/s down right now. Not good. Troubleshooting is a real pain since I run the DSL modem in "Bridge mode". The ISP can't trouble shoot unless it's out of "Bridge mode". My laptop is connected wired only for troubleshooting and configuring devices.

As for Hitech, he probably isn't running XP. You have to hack the registry to get XP to even run that fast. At work I had like a 48 Mb/s link. It, however was a Windows/machine limitation, not a link limitation.

Last edited:
As for Hitech, he probably isn't running XP. You have to hack the registry to get XP to even run that fast. At work I had like a 48 Mb/s link. It, however was a Windows/machine limitation, not a link limitation.
I am running Win XP/SP3 and I am not aware of the registry being hacked for such performance, other than a simple TCP/IP tweak. The connection is via fiber and Category 6a.

Home speed:
**broken link removed**

Now with frontier FIOS, not much change from when it was Verizon.

Debian Linux firewall and NAT server.

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr
inet addr: Bcast: Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: : Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:217670429 errors:246 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:256527986 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:4 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:3788598910 (3.5 GiB) TX bytes:133859775 (127.6 MiB)
Interrupt:20 Base address:0xd400

Last edited:
**broken link removed**

the slowest one :)

Download: 2.11 Mbps
Upload: 32.40 Mbps

That is the basic internet connection in Finland (included in rent). 100 Mbps is available if you pay for it (~30 eur/month).

Last edited:
Download: 2.11 Mbps
Upload: 32.40 Mbps

That is the basic internet connection in Finland (included in rent). 100 Mbps is available if you pay for it (~30 eur/month).

I think you've got your upload and download the wrong way round :D

Nice speeds though - I only get about 2Mb/s and 0.5Mb/s - but it's been reliable for a good few weeks now.

I think you've got your upload and download the wrong way round :D.

I should have both limited to 2M, I don't know why the upload was that high (32M).

I re-tested too because now my ISP has "speed boost" where the speed increases if it can. I pay the same low price as befor for Hi-Speed Lite on my cable-TV cable but today the speed is 5 times what it used to be. 4.77Mb down and 0.26Mb up.

Mine were 18.76Mbps down and 3.62Mbps up for this test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back