Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So How Fast is Your Internet Speed? Test here & Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sarma,

All's good here, I tried a speed test to a server in Hyderabad and the results weren't very promising.

It looks like the connection from India to Australia is not very fast.

Mike.

How about mega sucko...
upload_2015-5-22_8-14-9.png

Hi Sarma,

All's good here, I tried a speed test to a server in Hyderabad and the results weren't very promising.

It looks like the connection from India to Australia is not very fast.

Mike.
How about mega sucko...
View attachment 92623

Guys, stop complaining. I WISH I could get internet that fast! :D:p

I'm going camping this weekend and will be away from the computer, but when I get back I'll see if I can remember to post my speed.

Regards,
Matt

DS... What speed do you get????s

I won't be able to test my home internet speed until Monday. I'm heading straight from work today to the campground. Here's the speed I get at work though:

4379054317.png

How come your upload is as fast as your download??? I've always been told that the upload is normally 5~10% of the download speed....
That is only the case with ADSL and VDSL lines. Cable (coax), optical and microwave technologies are usually symmetrical.

What kubeek said :D A lot of high speed ISPs offer "symmetrical" service meaning upload is about the same as download.

There are few that have a real need for upload speed.

The majority of the internet users, us common folk, don't transmit Gigabytes of data on a regular basis. We do however, download a more bytes than we upload. I know my test tonight showed

4383654636.png

I have 100 MBPS service, which is shared between my wife and I. Depending on the number of devices connected, the speed changes. I limited my connections to 10. Phones, tablets, and computers, all want a piece of the action.

Here we go everyone, my home internet speed.

You all should feel lucky :p:D

4384940750.png

i suggest to try after re booting the internet alone. i suspect some connector loose like issues.
you may try cleaning them with IPA and try again

Nope, this is actually my internet speed. 1.6Mb/s download. Fairpoint is just a terrible ISP and doesn't offer anything better in my area.

Nope, this is actually my internet speed. 1.6Mb/s download. Fairpoint is just a terrible ISP and doesn't offer anything better in my area.

Mine wasn't that good - as a lot of the time it wouldn't work at all :D

Luckily I was able to subscribe to a local wireless ISP, and I get 20mbps down, and 1mbps up - guaranteed. However, it's not cheap, and you have to pay for a set amount of bandwidth each month (I've just increased it from 20GB to 30GB per month), but I was able to cancel my phone line totally, which made it a similar cost.

How much does your net cost? Mine is roughly 21 USD for 40Mbit down and 2Mbit up and with public IP address.

Wow, I'm paying $37/mo for 1.6Mbit down (upload not specified).

This really depends on the location, I am in the center of a capital city with over a million inhabitants, so the competition is really high here and pushes the prices down and speed and quality up.
In remote and or widely spread out locations where you can only get a single ISP who has to use the crammed wireless for the last mile I am not surprised to see vastly different level of service for the buck.

This really depends on the location, I am in the center of a capital city with over a million inhabitants, so the competition is really high here and pushes the prices down and speed and quality up.
In remote and or widely spread out locations where you can only get a single ISP who has to use the crammed wireless for the last mile I am not surprised to see vastly different level of service for the buck.

Yep, that would explain it. This is where I live:

upload_2015-5-26_10-9-48.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back