Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So How Fast is Your Internet Speed? Test here & Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
**broken link removed**

However, I just got an email from my building manager to inform me that fibre is being installed shortly and we should get speeds of 1 GBPS (1000 MBPS).

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have checked the Internet speed here
**broken link removed** it shows My speed Good...my download speed is 1.94Mbps and Uploading speed is 0.23Mbps....

I have checked the Internet speed here
**broken link removed** it shows My speed Good...my download speed is 1.94Mbps and Uploading speed is 0.23Mbps....

Last edited:
results

Interesting over the years you can see the infrastructure improving with various posts. I remember getting my first 28.8kps modem in '94 and thinking it was incredible. Ahhh memories.

Disclaimer: This is at work. :p

speed.png

My local telephone company is offering extremely fast internet because their trunks are now fiber-optic cables.
25Mbps down or faster. For one year the price is very low then goes up a lot after. They are giving away a modern PVR for free for the first year.

But I have a 2 years contract with my cable TV company for TV and internet. It will cost me a few hundred dollars to break the contract. My cable TV company also gave me (an older) PVR for free for one year.

Last edited:
ATT DSL, I guess this OK for $19.95/month.

5.35 Mbps Download, 0.41 Mbps Upload using SpeedTest, NEVER see download speeds that high. From some sites, as slow as 5 - 10 Kbps (yes, "K").

Gateway for here is about 100 miles away (Conway GA). ATT says fiber up to about 200 feet from my house. I say its a string and tin cans.

HI!!!

It is a good information about internet speed.........
In this way i test my internet everyday , because it is useful to know about the uploading and downloading speed so i check my speed through this site http://www.scanmyspeed.com/
My speed test results are,
upload speed:0.52 kbps
download speed:1.96 kbps
It has the best & accurate results for my internet speed test!!!!

Last edited:
In August of 2008 my numbers I posted on this thread were
1273 and 405

We have changed ISP packages a few times since then, upgraded to the 6Mps package today. The new numbers are
run between 6.22 and 7.12Mbps for download and .97 and 1.Mbps for upload.

If that's from this morning and this afternoon, why are the dates different (15th vs. 17th)?

Good spot! :D

Quite a variation though. Wish I could get 5.39 Mb/s. I'm stuck with 3 on a VERY GOOD day. Usually I have about 1 :rolleyes:

Presumably (as the two tests are via different ISP's, the first is ADSL and the second fibre?.

My net is slow and unreliable as well, currently connected at 1.5Mb/s, it never reaches 3!.

Anyway, I've recently (last weekend) ordered a wireless broadband service, which will give me 10Mb/s down and 1Mb/s up, I'm just waiting for an install date - they could have done it tomorrow morning (snow permitting), but it wasn't any good for me - alternate Thursdays are best, so a fortnight today is probably the most likely day. It's not cheap (£25.99 for 20GB a month), but once my phone line minimum contract runs out I'll cancel that, and switch to VOIP instead - so it should only cost me about the same as now.

I just tested the internet speed here at work (at the university). Wish I could get this at home!

2443493349.png

If that's from this morning and this afternoon, why are the dates different (15th vs. 17th)?

Quite a variation though. Wish I could get 5.39 Mb/s. I'm stuck with 3 on a VERY GOOD day. Usually I have about 1 :rolleyes:

It's actually the speed I was getting this morning (rather than a test I took this morning).

I moved to FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) today - the whole lot was completed in less than an hour including the work at the cabinet - the engineer was quite shocked at how smooth it went (25 minutes at the premises).

I had an estimated 50Mbs download speed but getting 70+Mbs is rather nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back