Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sms interactive system

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempolicious1

hie guys
i have recently submitted a project proposal to my lecturer as part of my studies in electronics, but im not wel versed on the ideal components to use so that i come up with a working project,here is a brief description of the proposed project,
someone has to access some stored information from a database via sms remotely,i intend to use a nokia 3310 for collecting my data from the PC and communicate with the other phone.
i also intend to use a microcontroller to facillitate the communication between the PC nd gsm phone.wld want to use VB nd assembly language .
may you pliz help to determine which pic is the most appropriate,and how would i best interface the three to come up with a working project.

It depends on how you plan to get the data from the computer, USB or RS-232. Being that the PIC will be a simple protocol adapter between the Nokia phone as an SMS gateway and the computer based database, almost any PIC or uC will do the trick. If you're using RS-232 from your PC and the F/M Bus of the Nokia 3310 a $1 8 pin PIC is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back