Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Site issues and feedback diplomatic immunity section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcmtech

Banned
Most Helpful Member
Could we have a section where members can post their issues and/or solution ideas about the site where the moderator team does not have the authority or capability to delete the threads or modify peoples posts?

What I mean is up until now any thread or post that any moderator does not like or simply feels a reason to spite a member over can get taken down or deleted before everyone whom it also affects can see it.
Especially when or if its not seen as all rosy happy praise ans goodness under the overly generalized rules of said post or thread being deemed spam or abusive due to apparent poor reading comprehension skills. (IE reading between the lines to find negative connotations or things that were never there or implied.)

Basically what I am asking about is creation of an open public review section where everyone can have a open and fair say without moderator reprimand or post adjustment.

Just asking before I get tossed again for being Off Topic/ Abusive to moderators/Undefined/Asking too many questions/Pointing out the obvious/etc... :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You should be able to make general feedback and alert us of issues in this forum. You still need to follow the community rules.

Some points to note though:

- Don't bring up individual situations (these should always be dealt with privately)
- Don't direct any issue to a particular moderator (any issues with individual moderators should be directed to me privately)
- State your intentions and what you want out of the thread.
- Most of all try to keep the post positive and productive even if its a negative situation.

If that happens there will be no problem. If there is PM me.

Regards,
EM

Last edited:
ElectroMaster
You should be able to make general feedback and alert us of issues in this forum. You still need to follow the community rules.

Some points to note though:

- Don't bring up individual situations (these should always be dealt with privately)
- Don't direct any issue to a particular moderator (any issues with individual moderators should be directed to me privately)
- State your intentions and what you want out of the thread.
- Most of all try to keep the post positive and productive even if its a negative situation.

If that happens there will be no problem. If there is PM me.

Regards,
EM

Well to be honest that is my whole point of this thread. I have been banned for the last three months now over petty nonsense and I have tried sending you PMs about it and did not get one single response which pretty much ruins the "- Don't bring up individual situations (these should always be dealt with privately)" part.

I am trying to be as open and honest and impartial as I can here and I would really appreciate this staying in open public view to be seen and participated in by everyone who chooses to speak up despite it not being exactly as you requested. Mostly it comes down to that I and most others whom have had similar experiences don't feel we have have anything to hide but rather I think that maybe someone else does and am hoping that its not you.

That said I am speaking only on my behalf. However I will say that from what I have heard from other members of this forum whom I also know under similar and some other forum names it has been a rather big sore spot that has not gotten any response from you over when it has been asked for simple clarifications over, in a number of instances, what many here have seen as a moderator over stepping his privileges. Basically too many members get little to no response and feel blown off when this subject does come up.

For me this started about three months ago when I made a comment post in a thread in this section. That post then got moved and turned into its own thread which at that point I then thanked whom ever did this thinking I had raised a valid point.
Unfortunately shortly after that it magically disappeared and I was give a undefined ban of 24 hours which then got extended to 48 then to a week then a month with out any single explanation.
Which by the way I have that entire post saved and I will happily make it available to anyone who asks as well. I guarantee that there is no bad language or abusive comments toward anyone other than the direct and complete quote of the rules and my asking for the courtesy of when anyone gets an infraction or warning that we are given a simple direct quote of what we said or did in its complete and proper context along with a quote of what exact rule it breaks in its proper context and entirety so that we can see what exactly we did wrong.

After that I did try creating a second user name here as Tcmtech 2.0 so that I could contact you over the issue. Either you ignored it or never got it and that user name was then permanently banned for being an alias.

The other thing is this.
I have been banned multiple times, for nearly three months straight now, and I have yet to ever once get the courtesy of any of them ever being shown as an actual defined infraction in my record as shown here.

View attachment 68009

So whats the deal here? Did they never happen? Was it a mistake? Are there things going on here you are not aware of? Are you aware and allowing this to prove a point?

According to the moderator in question I am the only one with this continual problem relating to rule enforcement and defining yet from what I have gotten directly from multiple others through PM's on this site and another from members here who pop in there on occasion, whom most are long term high post members BTW, we have all gotten this "You are the only one with this issue so drop it." response then blown off or outright banned for being supposed spammers, abusive to a moderator, or just for an undefined but continually extended and what appears to be a 'because I am a moderator and I can get a way with it' deal.

I am trying to keep it open honest and fair and abide by the rules however in some instances its necessary to look past the rules in order to make them better.

Thank you.

(This whole post has been copied and saved so even if it disappears it will still be available to anyone who has seen it and knows it existed as it will get posted in another forum should it disappear from here.)

This is EXACTLY why you get banned. We state the rules to you, you read them and then seem to completely ignore them. I CLEARLY stated in my reply that individual matters as well as issues with moderators should not be discussed in public. This is a rule that we've had for some time and is put in place because these things NEVER go well in public.

Anyway, lets deal with the actual issue. Firstly let me tell you that I see every action that takes place with the moderators, I am online more than you know (I have the invisible mode turned on so you don't see it). I frequently get involved and give my input on member issues and when a member is about to be potentially banned I'm always giving my view. In your situation every moderator has had their view heard and we all unanimously choose to issue you the punishments you received. So your thinking it's one moderator being unfair is incorrect and I've told you this MANY times.

You keep on saying that you've not been warned about the rules you've been breaking... Here is your latest issue "Criticism of Moderation".

- You were warned in a Disputes Thread (18th July 2012 by Eric)
- You replied requesting my input your case (18th July 2012)
- I followed up and agreed with the warning (18th July 2012 by EM)
- You repeated the offence and were issued a 7 day ban (25th July 2012)
- Another offence, same issue. Another 7 day ban (3rd August 2012)
- Another offence, same issue. Eric gave you a 2 day ban (19th August 2012)
- Your alias accounts were banned also (19th August 2012)
- I overrode the 2 day ban to 30 days (20th August 2012)

EVERY step of the way you were given a clear and precise explanation of what you did wrong, what rule you broke and what thread you broke that rule in.

I consider this matter closed.

Regards,
EM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back