Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Updated site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
Earlier today the site was updated. What new things have been added/improved and what has gone.

Mike.

Uploading pictures has changed. A confusing transparent overlay has an "upload" button, which then offers the full size or thumbnail option. Not an upgrade.

Uploading pictures has changed. A confusing transparent overlay has an "upload" button, which then offers the full size or thumbnail option. Not an upgrade.
Yup, just tried it and not sure what I'm looking at,
upload.png

Definitely a step backwards.

Mike.

Attachments

• 508.png
    508.png
    4.6 KB · Views: 296
And, it posts it twice, I think.

Mike.
Guessing above, I posted a file to get the (screenshot) image and then the screenshot and both got posted. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Also a step backwards on quotes. If you click quote, there seems to be no way to put text in front of it.

Also a step backwards on quotes. If you click quote, there seems to be no way to put text in front of it.
Yup, can't work out how to do that either.
Actually, I just did. You have to type what you want, highlight the text (you want to quote) and hit quote and you get to do as it used to be.

Mike.

... First type a few <Carriage Return> characters (ie, <Enter> in modern speak) and then do the QUOTE, as I have just done here.

Oh yes you can...

JimB

This new theme looks like grandpa style (like windows 7 with aero turned off)... Is there any way to restore it, please?

Does anybody test these changes before inflicting them on the entire forum?

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any notifications. Then I noticed a little squiggle on the edge of the bell symbol. Taking a very close look revealed the squiggle to be a 2.

Very easy to overlook!

Screenshot_20210816-094153_Edge.jpg

Does anybody test these changes before inflicting them on the entire forum?

I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any notifications. Then I noticed a little squiggle on the edge of the bell symbol. Taking a very close look revealed the squiggle to be a 2.

Very easy to overlook!

View attachment 133181
Its horrible as some day one game releases. Who own this site btw? I though jimB is big boss here :D

Last edited:
The bell and envelope moved to a stupid place.

The trend seems to be put buttons as far apart as possible. See Linux 20.04 vs 12.
Vote: put it back the way it was. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back