Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple N-channel MOSFET driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pax Writer

Hi guys

This is probably a silly question. I'll try anyway, though.
I need to switch an IRF3205 with my ATTiny45. The processor is (of course) on +5V, the transistor is on +10V and so I need a driver between the two.
The thing is that space is an issue, so I was hoping to find a simple DIP4-sized IC or similar. My imaginary chip has PWR, GND, IN and OUT and that's it.
Is there such a thing?
If not, what would you suggest I do to be able to switch the transistor.
Note: The transistor will be used in PWM-mode at low to moderate speed 500Hz-50kHz, I imagine.

Thanks in advance.

Good tip, although rather general.
I found the ICL7667 at a local shop and I think that'll do. Apparently single driver DIP4 never really took off, so I'll make do with a DIP8.
Thanks.

Hi Pax Writer,

if space is an issue why not use a logic level MosFet such as the BUK9Y09-40B (NXP semi) (40V/75A)?

It is manufactured with a SOT669 (LFPAK) package.

Boncuk

Hi Pax Writer,

if space is an issue why not use a logic level MosFet such as the BUK9Y09-40B (NXP semi) (40V/75A)?

It is manufactured with a SOT669 (LFPAK) package.

Boncuk
That transistor has over 2000pF gate capacitance and can not be driven at 50kHz from a microprocessor output.

I forgot to mention that by small, I meant the smallest possible leaded component. I guess I subconsciously assumed that everybody would just know :)
Anyway, thanks for your advice. That also includes the final two posts which gave me food to thought, especially regarding the gate capacitance vs. inrush current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back