Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim900A Aerial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wp100

Hi,

Am using a Sim900A module ( firmware reprogrammed for uk use) with its 40mm rubber covered screw on aerial.

If I enclose it within an abs box will it degrade its performance much ? ( urban use)

Also will the aerials position, vertical or horizontal affect it ?

From simple bench tests I have done, not been able to prove anything for sure.

Thanks.

Yes possibly, a simple test you can do is put the box in a microwave with a cup of water for a few seconds, if the box warms up its conductive and unsuitable, I believe some abs contains metals.

The polarisation of the aerial needs to be the same as the transmitter, this is less critical at uhf, and I assume the 900 means 900mhz.

Not sure which frequency is being used, seems the Sim900 uses 2G, so at could be 900mhz or 1800 mhz with a Tesco Sim.

Just tried the microwave test, full power for 30 seconds, the water near boiling , the case cold.

000411.jpg

000412.jpg

If the magnetron in your microwave blasting it with 2.4 gig doesnt warm it up then its probably fine for your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back