Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Should MOSFETs be open all the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenmahoney

I have a question, perhaps a simple one.

In the following schematics driver send a signal to the gates of three MOSFETs. I expected a square signal in the output, but it is straight DC. It looks like one or all MOSFETs is open.

I replaced the driver IC, driver transistors, all MOSFETs, but result is the same.

What am I missing?

b.jpg

Steven

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 186
hi Steve,
Some component values on the circuit would be helpful, also which driver IC.?

E.

The 'scope shows that the duty-cycle forces the Mosfets to be turned on most of the time and they turn off for very short durations.
D8 prevents the rectified AC from being shorted by the Mosfets when they turn on.
The drains of the Mosfets are connected directly to +168V but the 0V of the 168V does not connect to anything.
The ground of the circuit connects to +168V when the Mosfets turn on.

I see... That means that my oscilloscope simply does not see those little gaps...
There are no "gaps".
Your oscilloscope shows that the gate signal is high most of the time and goes low for very short durations because of the duty-cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back