Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

short circuiter unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicalman

can anyone help me design a unit which i can increase or decrease voltage as i want with two probe like things(+ -) which can attach to the pos and neg units on anything i attach it too so i can short circuit the item like blow the fuse or over power it so the intire circuit burns out so it is beyond repair can anyone help i know it would probs invole a pic chip transistors etc

help apreciated(sp)

Hi electronicalman,

i would like to help you design such a unit.

How far have you got so far ?

John

Hi,

Maybe he wants to increase the current,
until the fuse blows,
or the device fails.

Maybe its some sort of test.

Maybe he just wants to check some fuses
out of a delivery, to see that they work.

Who knows ?

John

electronicalman said:
over power it so the intire circuit burns out so it is beyond repair

help apreciated(sp)
:?:
sorta needs an explanation.

cobow :)

this is what i plan it to be like but i dont know how to get it like this i currently have two 9v batterys + attached to a key switch and LED so i know when its on it then goes to a switch that you twist to allow more power through and goes through a led light thing in a row to tell me where power is in voltage the negative is going out to the wire of the circuit being tested so the postive from the leds and switch go to the postive or negative on the other unit and it test the fuse etc at what power voltage it can take

do ya get me?

so its basicly a fuse tester

to test a fuse, all you need is a 3V battery, LED and few inches of wire. Or just an eye if the fuse is in a glass cylinder.
I don't see much point in testing a maximum current for a particular fuse because of two things. First, every fuse has it's current rating written on it, and secondly, if you cross the maximum current by a few mA, you'll blow the fuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back