Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Short beep (from a hi latch)

eTech

See this;

1636919444091.png

eTech

Gap in net?
Its a glitch. I have no gaps but after i pour the copper to connect the ground net to the smd ic's then run the rule checker i get these two errors. Gap in net. It is a GND track. They are connected to a pad on component but then go nowhere. I can delete the error then there is nothing there. nothing to connect, nothing to correct. nothing to join. What should i do? if anything. in Gap02png i move the component and the Error remains where it is.

View attachment 134461

So you have "islands" of copper that are isolated from the rest of the ground plane because the router cannot find a path to completely connect the coppr plane. You have to fix this and have some choices to make. Adjust the track-to-track clearances so there is more room for the copper fill to pass thru and/or move traces to create room. This is sort of trial and error until the everything is connected.

I suggest if you have more board routing questions, move them to a different thread under PCB/simulation topic.

So to fix this, I've connected U2-RST to U2-Trigger.
I appreciate this. i did not notice any issues but ill make the changes.
See this; 1N4148W
Is the BYG23M not compatible? I can get them for .20 each. the 4148's are more expensive. Got to buy a large quantity. I can always use the through hole version if I have to. they are both very small.
EDIT: I found the ECAD for 1n4148w.

Last edited:

eTech

I appreciate this. i did not notice any issues but ill make the changes.

Is the BYG23M not compatible? I can get them for .20 each. the 4148's are more expensive. Got to buy a large quantity. I can always use the through hole version if I have to. they are both very small.
EDIT: I found the ECAD for 1n4148w.
Looks like its ok.
However, the 1N4148W is .21 at mouser. I'm recomending what I know will work...

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles