Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Setting Eagle for PCB Etching

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentSA

Hi...

I am using eagle for the first time to design a PCB which I intend to Etch out. I would like to know what size should I keep my tracks to prevent any problems during etching.

Ive been using 0.25mm tracks (wires)... Is that a bit too thin?

Also I have a grid defined as 1mm with 0.1mm alt grid, is this okay because I am etching and not using any PCB fabrication place?

Regards,
StudentSA

Hi, the grid that you define is for your own convenience, it depends on what you are comfortable with. I usually work with the grid set at finest(gives you a lot of maneuverability). As for the track size it depends on the kind of paper that you are using, if you are using a professional paper than check whether such small tracks are possible with it. For me, since i do not use professional press and peel, that size is too small. My advise to you would be to start of with somewhat thicker tracks since this is you first go.

PS: Your signature applies to the above advise :p

I tend to use the thickest tracks as possible for each design, most I make allow me to make 0.6mm wide tracks, though I can print out as thin as 0.1mm I keep them as thick as possible to minimize issues.

Power and ground can be widened some, especially the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back