Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Satellite TV reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpj111

I have a problem on some transmission on FTA sat channels. TV picture is narrow. I think this is wide screen transmission watching on normal TV. How do I adjust this to normal screen TV. whch parameters need to be changed , is it on TV parameters or Sat receiver parameters.

I could not fined any settings on sat receivers to make picture change.

any idea highly appreciated.

I'd guess there are two ways to fit a 16:9 on a 4:3 TV, one is crop the sides. The other would be to shrink the entire thing down to fit the width, and add black bars top/bottom. Would think cropping to be simplest and cheapest, and likely reasonably acceptable, as the main focus would be on whats centered.

Could be confused about 'narrow', did you mean squashed in, thin? Like maybe a large luxuary car looks like a compact, or chubby chick looks anorexic?

It depends on your particular TV, and your particular satellite receiver, and also how it's been transmitted. Both the TV and the satellite receiver should have customer settings to deal with it, with varying degrees of success.

Squeesed ..... I think I have to set 16:9 or 3:3 , but I could not find the option to change it on my receiver. Some receiver has it as "Aspect ratio".
is there in any other names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back