Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
I have to say thank you very much Pommie. My mother was frustrated about this error code and was planning to just buy a new printer. I told her it wouldn't be worth it and that there had to be a solution. It literally took 10 minutes to get it done.
Thank you so much. As a result of this, I've just fixed my CLP-415 printer, which appears to share many of the same internals. The foam pad hadn't moved, I think, but had certainly become compressed and thus thinner over the years, the printer having been increasingly but erratically unreliable over the last few months. I glued a short length of wooden stirrer to the actuator as a replacement, as it had a closely-matching thickness. All now seems well -- though time alone will tell! (And only one screw left over after re-assembly.)
Thanks Mike for your great advice.
I broke it.....I fixed it!! Created an account just to say thank you!!
Exactly as your explained with your pictures - I removed 5 screws (two at the back, 3 at the front) and the cover slid backwards. With no technical knowledge whatsoever, I used a jewelers screwdriver to push the pad downwards towards the actuator, then connected power and it restarted. It was done and the "Ready to Copy" message appeared. I turned the printer off, replaced and rescrewed the cover and then we were working as normal. Total time 15mins. Just to prove it...photos attached: