Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Popup Adds

Papabravo

I have recently replaced AdBlock+ with uBlock Origin. I think it may eliminate the popups. Watch this space

I have recently replaced AdBlock+ with uBlock Origin. I think it may eliminate the popups. Watch this space
Be careful. Adblock was sold by the original developer. The new owner sells access to advertisers as a sort of ransom to let their adds through the ad-block wall (a "white list"). They also may sell user information to companies who pay the white listing "ransom".

There are rumors about the individual or company who purchased Adblock and none of the rumors appear to be good news for Adblock users. I guess the anonymity breeds conspiracy.

uBlock Origin was acquired by AdBlock in 2018.

It's all the same anonymous owner.

I sometimes forget and use this site with Chrome and see the adds. This prompts me to fire up brave as that blocks them automatically and is shareware so can't be bought.

Mike.

I use "Adguard".
This is the only site that ever has anything that gets past it!

About once a week I see a new one, but then it's just right-click on the icon, Block ads & select the main area of the popup, move the slider so it gets it all & ok it.

Seems to be working, and I'm calling it a win.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back